Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the process of installing my 6" lift(well at least the rear for tonight), and i don't have my manual in front of me, stuck at a desk for the next couple hours, i was wondering if their are any torque's for the rear suspension. all help is greatly appreciated. if i can get my wife to bring the digi to me i will do a write up on it.:thumbup

EDIT: also will a air hammer cut through u-joints? can't seem to find the saw-zaw anywere here at work. the u-joint threads are all mucked up towards the top, and its gonna need some kinda love, any suggestions?

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
i think you meant u-bolts.

use a torch and be careful. clamp stuff together just in case. dont want anything snapping and everything commin apart fast.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm, well i have already unscrewed them a lil to get the tension off the springs, and have jackstands under the axle. wifes coming with some disposable cameras, so looks like there will be a write up for this 6" lift. but don't wait by the phone its gonna be a few days, don't have alot of time to do this.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW i broke the rear axle angle block trying to pound it in the new leafs. didn't realize it was cast iron. any 1 here bought aftermarket angle block for their 6" lift, did u get a dif degree block? or for any 1 else, have you bought the angle block from broncograveyard.com? any good? also, should i leave the stock block that sits on the bottom of the angle block?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts