Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Ford Bronco XLT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone I’m in need of some help. Today was day 2 of the 5 speed swap on my 1993 Bronco. We got all the tranny bolts installed but the crossmember will not clear the transmission mount. The crossmember I am using is from a ZF5 2x4 transmission. Is that the issue? Or do I have to loosen the transmission again to install the crossmember? The crossmember is the correct length but the transmission mount is in the way. We removed the mount and the crossmember fit across but no room to reinstall the transmission mount! Any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
536 Posts
One problem I've run into with my AOD is that the studs on the new trans mount were about a 1/4" too long. I got it in by installing the crossmember, jacking up the trans, inserting the studs at an angle and then rolling the mount into place (obviously with some coaxing). I then tightened the mounting bolts to the trans and then the studs to the crossmember. You can also cut a little off the studs if you can grind a clean bevel on the stud ends.

Sent from my Hush-98 comlink

1 - 2 of 2 Posts