Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would it cost to repair a leak on one of the transmission seals, and is that a sign that your transmission is going out?? gaahh soo frustrating

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
probally a front pump seal.

did you overheat it? when i overheated mine, it poured out at the front.

edit: what trans do you have?

fill in your bronco info so others know about your rig and can help you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I didn't overheat it. It has been more than one day, I noticed it yesterday and after I knocked some build up off the seal somehow, it just started pouring out

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
are you talking about the tranny pan gasket?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its standard automatic. Its a 1980, I actually just got it back from the collision center yesterday, and now I am having trouble with this! Ridiculous, and I am sorry I wouldn't be able to tell you

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
its a c-6. could you get a picture or better describe where its coming from?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well heres the story, I drove it back out to the collision place today to have the guy look at it, and the leak was so bad I couldn't make it back, so I left it at the collision place! Anyway, I really don't know that much about cars, and am sorry! haha, thanks for all the help though

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Its near the front, the one in the midst of the engine. It was like pouring out fluid when I stopped.
That sounds like a front seal
trans fluid, it looks like its leaking on to, but I think its in front of it
HUH?????????
No I didn't overheat it. It has been more than one day, I noticed it yesterday and after I knocked some build up off the seal somehow, it just started pouring out
huh? what are you talking about?
Its standard automatic. Its a 1980, I actually just got it back from the collision center yesterday, and now I am having trouble with this! Ridiculous, and I am sorry I wouldn't be able to tell you
So it was in an accident? If so tell the insurrance company it started after the acident.

Why don't you snap a few pics because I have no clue what you are talking about.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol I am sorry guys I had to leave it at the collision place because the leak was so bad! So i can't get pictures right now, and I dont have collision insurance for my car.... something I thought I would never need... boy was I wrong!

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes, maybe a little more forward, I am pretty definitely sure its coming from number 5
i'd take it to a ford dealership and ask them to diagnose it. i don't know what other stealerships charge but we only charge an hour to diagnose. worst case scenario, you spent 75-100 bucks to find out what it was.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts