Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

First post, long time lurker. Have had this truck for going on 5 years and sold a couple other project cars to focus on this. I’m ready to paint it but can’t make up my mind. It was originally black, but I have never been a fan of black cars/trucks. So I’m coming to y’all for help or ideas on a paint job. Currently it has a “back yard special” flat grey done by previous owner and it’s all chipping up. All trim was sprayed the same color.

Looking for ideas that would look good with the fenders. But also open to removing fenders and trying to find all the old original trim and going two tone?

here are 2 trucks I like but not sure I can get a paint job as nice with a 10k budget. Also, located in Dallas and need some Body shop recommendations.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,701 Posts
What colors dont you like/want?

I like a nice grabber blue with the black accents.

Reactions: cjwchoppers

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,701 Posts
Then how about a nice hunter green? Black wheels, flares, bumpers, and camper shell would look sharp.

If two tone is what you really want, do it. Thats my favorite look. Again, maybe hunter green, with either Wimbledon white or seafoam green on the inset. Topper Wimbledon white on either. Though i personally think chrome or W. White painted steel wheels look beat with the two tones.

·
Registered
1982 FSB 302, c6, NP208 manual, manual hubs, manual windows, 3.00 gears LSD rear, 235/75/15 HK ATM
166 Posts
I would say flat white/ flat grey 2 tone with a white top. OR Flat dark earth with Emerald green

·
Registered
95 5.8L MAF XLT, Hedman Shorties/MF SS Y & Muff, E4OD, Man hubs, KYB Quads, 31x10.5x15, 301K miles
870 Posts
This thread doesn't sit well with me as in the way I think! Shouldn't you be picking the color you like verses what everyone else likes? Make a list of colors you like and then start eliminating them one by one until you are left with "The One" and then get-err done. You are the one who has to look at it when you get in it and when you leave it and when you wash it. It has to make you proud not anyone else. If you are asking so you can make a list that is fine I guess, but since you are having it painted you are not limited to any color, the world of colors is at your finger tips. Good luck in your choice.

·
Addicted to Junk
12,701 Posts
This thread doesn't sit well with me as in the way I think! Shouldn't you be picking the color you like verses what everyone else likes? Make a list of colors you like and then start eliminating them one by one until you are left with "The One" and then get-err done. You are the one who has to look at it when you get in it and when you leave it and when you wash it. It has to make you proud not anyone else. If you are asking so you can make a list that is fine I guess, but since you are having it painted you are not limited to any color, the world of colors is at your finger tips. Good luck in your choice.
Agreed. I sell house paint for a living. There are probably over 10,000 formulas in my computer.

·
Registered
331 Posts
My only caveat would be if you’re going for a custom color make SURE you write, save, commit to memory, whatever it takes, that formula. It’s been my experience-in a lot of things-that custom isn’t always the way to go. Have you looked at stock Ford colors/schemes for any particular year that you are smitten with?

·
Addicted to Junk
12,701 Posts
My recommendation is to choose a factory ford color or one straight out of Akzo Nobel/sikkens or PPG's books. That way touch up is a breeze l.

·
Registered
1991 351w/E4OD/3" lift/4.56/33" tires/LS FR+RR
420 Posts
You say you hate bright colors but I like mopar colors... Even though I did not pick any of them, I went with another classic color with turquoise. I get tons of complements.... but you have to go with a color you like and not what others like...

·
Premium Member
1986 Bronco, 351w, Edelbrock aluminum top end, Holley 600, 4" BDS lift, 35" Maxxis Razr's, stuff..
2,470 Posts
I was going to go with a grey on mine. My wife said grow a pair and put some color on it so I went with Ford Bright Dark Blue Metallic on mine. It’s tinted raptor liner though. I was also considering grey or green.

That white / silver two tone looks sharp. 10k is a pretty decent budget, have you talked with a shop?

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
331 Posts
In my humble opinion, the best car color ever invented is BMW’s Carbon Black, other than Ford’s Oxford White of course....:p

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,602 Posts
I’m a fan of matte colors something about a semi gloss says I look good but I got the lug nuts to get dirty. Plus I love old school rat rods!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts