Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My original plan for my Ford was to just level out the front and run it like that with some 31's. I have a 71 K5 that I had planned to lift and make my toy but i've been slowing making the K5 nicer and nicer and got ahold of some stock wheels and tires for it so i'm gonna go that route with it.

Now the question is how much to lift the Ford. I know for a fact that I will be going with 35's and I know a 4 inch lift will clear it but I don't want to cut the body as this isn't going to be an extreme rockcrawling rig so do I need a 6 inch lift?? I plan on doing just your basic 4 wheeling on the weekend, mud, some small rocky trails, creek beds, etc, etc. Oh and the beach as well. It has a detroit in it with 3.73's. I'll probably go 4.10's afterwards depending on how it runs but might stick with the 3.73's. Who knows, I don't want to go 4.56's cuz the beach is 150 miles away and I don't like screaming down the highway.

Here's how it sits now.

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
4 in will be fine. no cutting necessary. In fact you can probably fit 35's stock without any issues but the fit perfect on the 4in lift. 4.10 gears will help 4.56's might be a bit much. What tranny you have will make a big difference on how the gearing will effect your ride also. Go all spring lift. NO BLOCKS!!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yeah, Nice Truck
Thanks,

I was actually throwing around the idea of making my own shackle flip and shackles too. If I do you guys will be the first to know about it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
35s will fit stock depending on brand and wheel width. 35x12.5 on an 8" wheel works fine. 35x14.5 on 10" wheel is a problem without a lift.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why the flip, If your not going to wheel it alot its not worth it. Stick with the standard 4in all spring lift and you'll be doing great
Mostly just to do it cuz I want to. I do plan on wheeling this one.

·
Need a Bumper?
4,769 Posts
But why. just because it sounds cool? Not trying to rain on your parade but I just don't see the logic on your kind of build. Shacke flip will give you anywhere from3-5 inches of additional lift in the rear. alows for mor flex due to a flater spring. not a bad set up but it will also change the ride characteristics more that just a standard lift spring (which have been factory tested and approved for optimum performance both on and off road)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But why. just because it sounds cool? Not trying to rain on your parade but I just don't see the logic on your kind of build. Shacke flip will give you anywhere from3-5 inches of additional lift in the rear. alows for mor flex due to a flater spring. not a bad set up but it will also change the ride characteristics more that just a standard lift spring (which have been factory tested and approved for optimum performance both on and off road)
I want to do it cuz the reason you stated, more spring articulation due to a flatter spring. I'm not 100% decided on it but it's what i'm leaning towards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts