• Black

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just got off the phone with BroncoGraveyard, The beige is only on a 1 week backorder. The black is in stock. I think I may end up with the beige. waiting an extra week is no big deal.

·
Bronco Snob
2,149 Posts
Cool....that's a good suprise. :thumbup. Have you considered now color matching the stripe to the top? Nothing says it has to be an OEM color. :shrug

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,039 Posts
I think you'll be happier with it, in the long run. :thumbup

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well....ya know that feeling of excitement followed by a stiff punch to the gut? While I was sliding around under the truck last night, I noticed I have a cracked spring in each rear pack. :-( So I think the softtop may have to be put on hold for about a month. I think a set of lift springs may be the smart choice. Man talk about feeling deflated......I guess it gives me a chance to ditch the blocks and find some 6" lift springs. But dammit.....sigh.

·
36,039 Posts
Hate it when that happens.... but better to find it in your driveway, than out on the trail or down the road.

·
36,039 Posts
no blocks for this guy... ever.

can you combine lift springs and a shackle flip, to try and maintain some ride quality?
I'm slowly putting together a 4" ttb lift and the shackle flip and w/my stock springs. hoping to maintain that on-road ride and still get some flex and clearance for the trail.
I read that the lift springs are good... but you get a major stiffness over OEM ride.
shackle flip alone should net you 4.5". :shrug

me and the ol' lady are little people though. not dwarfs :)goodfinge)... but at/under 5'6" & 170 lbs.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yea i'm not a fan of block either. I just have to see what options are most cost effective. I figure the 6" lift springs would eliminate any blocks. Which I would want, but I cant seem to find them anywhere.

·
36,039 Posts
gonna have to start up a new thread and share the install. :thumbup

·
Registered
1984 Full Size
2 Posts
I'm also in the market for a Soft Top and wonder if you looked into the ones custom built by SoftTopper?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts