Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So currently i am workin as a mechanic in a preatty busy shop. Not to bad, except i decided i need to get out and travel a little bit. So i am looking for opportunities in some type of travelling job. I figure about the only thing availible would be some type of motorsports, but i spent some time on google and couldnt come up with much.
Do you guys know how i would find work in that kind of field? Or i would actually consider a carrier change if i could still make enough to pay the bills.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
i traveled the U.S. doing many things. Pipefitter, Welder, Emission Sampling. Traveling gets old, quickly.

To the point i actually kind of hate hotels now.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Flight attendant.

A guy I know makes over 100k/year, and has been doing it for 12 years now. He said after the first 6 years, it's a dream if you can deal with the being away from home. The first 6 years are a little on the suck side.

·
I have a Straight Six
3,443 Posts
Because I've never in my life seen a straight male flight attendent I assume you have to be either gay or female to do that.
I agree.

The long-haul trucker is an excellent thing to consider. Most companies will offer signing bonus, and free training, with a guaranteed job when you're done with the training. You can make a LOT of money as well.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
trucking would be good to see the country but i dont think i could sit that long, that is why i chose a hands on carrier. I really think that motorsports could offer a few good opportunities but i dont know were to find them.

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
Because I've never in my life seen a straight male flight attendent I assume you have to be either gay or female to do that.
My flight home from Iraq/Kuwait we stopped off in Europe to refuel and get new flight attendants. Our first flight attendants were all smoking hot..stupid hot, the best i'd ever seen in my life..and it wasn't the deployment talking either :shocked.....then we got our second set of flight attendants

They were dikey ugly old chicks..and 2 dudes that kept hitting on the army guys...pretty damn lame for them to stick us with gay male stewards on our flight home....

join the military and kill shit.
that's my vote :thumbup. Good benefits, retirement, 401k program, career training, etc...

·
I have a Straight Six
3,443 Posts
trucking would be good to see the country but i dont think i could sit that long, that is why i chose a hands on carrier. I really think that motorsports could offer a few good opportunities but i dont know were to find them.
In your resume, please type "career" instead of carrier, it will greatly improve your chances of your dream carrier. :goodfinge

·
Try it now!!
9,115 Posts
Flight attendant.

A guy I know makes over 100k/year, and has been doing it for 12 years now. He said after the first 6 years, it's a dream if you can deal with the being away from home. The first 6 years are a little on the suck side.
What airline? I'm callin BS...

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
I'll ask him tomorrow or wednesday, I can't remember when he gets back in... I'd easily believe it... he's got a nice house, putting kids through college and saving for retirement and moving down south... I'd easily believe he makes over 100k a year, only because I know his wife just works a 'busy' job making less then 20k a year.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I agree.

The long-haul trucker is an excellent thing to consider. Most companies will offer signing bonus, and free training, with a guaranteed job when you're done with the training. You can make a LOT of money as well.
In trucking I don't agree with that unless you've got people working for you. Or maybe your idea of "a lot" and mine are different...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts