Anyone know an easy way to disconnect these? :banghead

I tried a little screwdriver but no good

Thanks for any help,
Travis

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,063 Posts
Yup, pepboys, napa, any store will have the tool, I bought a set of the plastic one for like $6 bucks..they seem to work well. find the one that fits than push it into the sleeve and the fitting will pop off, make sure you relieve the fuel pressure before doing this.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Nice clean access hole you cut there....... :goodfinge

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
Yep... gotta have the right tool for the job.

The plastic ones from the local auto parts store work great. If you try disconecting the fuel lines with out one, you run the risk of damaging the connection and creating one hell of a fuel leak when you pressurize the system.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
badblack88 said:
Nice clean access hole you cut there....... :goodfinge

I know it looks bad for now,but I decided to drill it out to prevent cutting any thing BAD.....I will grind it smooth,make a gasket,and weld tabs on the top to secure it to the original hole.....I'll even take a few pics for ya'

And thanks guys for the info,I'm going to get one now :beer

·
Registered
548 Posts
Td93XLT said:

I know it looks bad for now,but I decided to drill it out to prevent cutting any thing BAD.....I will grind it smooth,make a gasket,and weld tabs on the top to secure it to the original hole.....I'll even take a few pics for ya'

And thanks guys for the info,I'm going to get one now :beer
wow how long did that take to drill all of those holes?

·
Support our troops!
153 Posts
slim said:
wow how long did that take to drill all of those holes?
That must have taken a long time :) The last time I pulled my fuel tank it took 15 minutes to get it out and another 30 to replace the fuel pump and replace the tank.

Pratice Pratice Pratice :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, It took about 45 min. to drill all the holes,but I think it will be worth it in the long run.Now I can pull the carpet and within 10 min. have access to the pump,wiring etc.
This is all for this post.But I'll post some pics when I get it complete(Hopefully this weekend),And again THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP! :beer

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,063 Posts
It's good for cleaning ear wax too...

94bronco said:
Long story short, listen to the advice above. Gas in your ear does not feel good and the ER bill is worse but on the good side it could have been in my eyes.

:banghead :twak

·
Registered
297 Posts
jermil01 said:
make sure you relieve the fuel pressure before doing this.
Long story short, listen to the advice above. Gas in your ear does not feel good and the ER bill is worse but on the good side it could have been in my eyes.

:banghead :twak

1 - 11 of 11 Posts