Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is this? I got the work bench from a family friend who was a small engine mechanic. This along with some sort of press and a bench grinder was bolted to it. I doubt I'd ever use it, but I'm curious after looking at it the past few days.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I don't think thats what it is since there is no stone on it and you wouldn't need the other handle thingy. Other then that, I ain't got a clue

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
I really dont know

·
A D M I N in training
2,973 Posts

·
Registered
7,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took it off yesterday and couldn't find a company name or number on it. I still need to clean it up a bit, I'm hoping that will reveal at least the manufacturer.

·
Registered
165 Posts
a holder/clamp for sharpening lawnmower blades? Got a pic from the other side? Might help us figure it out. Or you could always ask the family friend the you got it from? That would take all the fun out of it though.

:beer

Solid.

·
Registered
7,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
a holder/clamp for sharpening lawnmower blades? Got a pic from the other side? Might help us figure it out. Or you could always ask the family friend the you got it from? That would take all the fun out of it though.

:beer

Solid.
I wish I could ask him, but he is dead....which is how I got it, I was helping his family clean out his shop and haul stuff to the scrap yard.

A picture of the back wouldn't really help, All I can say is that the handle in the front rotates 360 degrees and the steel pin in the back is threaded. I could see a blade sharpener stand, but that doesn't explain the front handle.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Testicle clamp to use on zee germans.

·
Registered
7,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay, so we're down to blade sharpening jig or testicle clamp for use on zee germans.

Tough call.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I wish I could ask him, but he is dead....which is how I got it, I was helping his family clean out his shop and haul stuff to the scrap yard.
Sorry to hear that.

A picture of the back wouldn't really help, All I can say is that the handle in the front rotates 360 degrees and the steel pin in the back is threaded. I could see a blade sharpener stand, but that doesn't explain the front handle.

The handle is throwing me off too. Is the back side of it threaded (the inside pointing to the threaded), like to take a tool, or is there a hole to insert a tool maybe? That's why I was asking for another pic from the other side to see if there was a hole for a tool that rotates maybe.

·
Registered
7,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The handle is throwing me off too. Is the back side of it threaded (the inside pointing to the threaded), like to take a tool, or is there a hole to insert a tool maybe? That's why I was asking for another pic from the other side to see if there was a hole for a tool that rotates maybe.
I'll have to check if the backside of the handle is threaded, I don't think so, but I'll check this afternoon.

·
A D M I N in training
2,973 Posts
what if it is missing pieces?

·
Registered
274 Posts
It's for making chain saw chains. Small engine repair shops buy chain in bulk rolls and cut to length. The thing on the bench is for bending over the rivitts on the master links. You put the chain across the two black wheels line up the master link with the the two handles and slowly tighten the back handle while rotating the front handle and it flares out the rivitt

1 - 20 of 29 Posts