Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey gang... So I sent @BikerPepe` a message the other day asking him if he could help me price some parts we took off the 82 like the original 2bbl carb, the original air cleaner, original value cover breather, original radio, and original front speakers. I asked him if he had any idea what they'd be worth for me to resell them on like fleabay or Craigslist... He very respectfully declined voicing his limited knowledge on such things but suggested i make a post and ask the rest of y'all your input. He said posing it to the group would keep us honest on the pricing cause y'all would likely call out another member low balling... So... Can u guys help me?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I made all the items into collages because of the limited photo load per post so here they are.
The carb. Not even sure what the part number or anything like that is for this but it's stock original
191111_201528_COLLAGE-1.jpg
191111_202448_COLLAGE-1.jpg
191111_202347_COLLAGE-1.jpg

The air cleaner
191111_202858_COLLAGE-1.jpg
191111_202917_COLLAGE-1.jpg

191111_202943_COLLAGE-1.jpg

The valve cover breather
1573521104600.png

The radio
BannerMaker_11112019_200049~2.png
191111_192520_COLLAGE-1.jpg

The speakers
191111_202732_COLLAGE-1.jpg

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks in advance for any help ya'll are willing to offer 😀❤

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Man I hate doing this stuff. I have a few parts I need to price out and sell myself. I can't really offer any price suggestions as I'm not sure what the market would be. I do know that that carb, which looks like a Motorcraft 2150, would be sought after by someone who wants an original part. You can get a Chinese knock-off of that 2150 for about $90 off ebay, but an original part might go for more if someone wants to keep things OE.

I will say all those parts look to be in pretty decent condition though! If that radio would fit in the bezel of my 77 F100 (it won't) I would buy it from you. I need a nice OE fm/am radio for it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks @Doosenberry . I appreciate your input on the carb. Is there anywhere to look on it to try and find a part # that u know of? It is definitely motorcraft and if the other sticker is what i think it is, it would appear to have been rebuilt in 2016 (but that's just a guess. Why else would the be a date sticker on it?)... I've seen the radios on eBay for upwards of $300 but I thought that was kinda crazy unrealistic $$, and the lowest was like $245 at the time I checked during the summer.
Hopefully some others with more knowledge then me will chime in. 👍

·
Low Buck Bum
3,500 Posts
People on Ebay tend to price stuff high... you can often tell because those same parts are there forever, lol. If I were a gambling man I'd put $75 on the carb, maybe $50 on the radio, and I'm not sure the air cleaner is even worth listing, I'd guess it's worth $5 to $10 to the right person, and I'd throw the breather in with it. I just threw away the one off my '73 F250, and the radio bezel from it won't sell for $25 on marketplace.

You could mark the carb and radio higher, and you might get bites. The speakers are worth maybe $20? Most folks are more willing to go to Walmart and pop about the same for stuff labeled Pioneer (not the same quality as the old Pioneer stuff, but that's a different story).

Me, I tend to mark stuff lower to get it moving and I refuse to budge on my prices because they are very fair.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Thanks @Doosenberry . I appreciate your input on the carb. Is there anywhere to look on it to try and find a part # that u know of? It is definitely motorcraft and if the other sticker is what i think it is, it would appear to have been rebuilt in 2016 (but that's just a guess. Why else would the be a date sticker on it?)... I've seen the radios on eBay for upwards of $300 but I thought that was kinda crazy unrealistic $$, and the lowest was like $245 at the time I checked during the summer.
Hopefully some others with more knowledge then me will chime in. 👍

The factory Motorcraft carbs usually have a tag on them on the front right and they're held on by one of the carb bolts. In your pictures it doesn't look like it's there anymore, which is actually pretty common when people rebuild them. It's not a vital piece for the carb to function, so some people toss them or they just get lost during the process. That may be why yours has a sticker, it's stuck right above where the tag would normally be.

In this pic of my 77 F150 (prior to an extensive cleaning lol) you can see the tag is still there. It's flipped up, so you can't read the numbers, but they are made of aluminum and can be bent easily. I left it that way so I wouldn't snap it off.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Also, from what I've noticed over on the 73-79 Ford truck forums over at FTE, most guys that are looking for stuff like your air cleaner are from California and need to have allllll of the smog related equipment on their trucks that are newer than 1975 in order to pass inspection. That's why people that live there will pay the premium to get a truck that's 1975 and earlier in order to not have to deal with that. Like @RichG, I tossed some of the OE stuff off my 77 F100 as I didn't want the items and where I live in Idaho we don't have emissions or safety testing, so no one, unless they're doing a period correct restoration, wants the parts here. It's going to come down to whether or not you want to ship things or only deal locally and how long you're willing to sit on the parts. Ok I'm done. lol

·
Registered
193 Posts
Put the oil breather and air cleaner assembly as a lot with the carb. They are almost worthless unless there is a visual emmissions inspection. I had a 92 Ford F-150 fail emissions because it didnt have an airpump. Even though it was manufactured without one. I also had a Mr Gasket Co air cleaner that had to go until after the inspection, what I would have given to have a 2bl carb and stock aircleaner that day

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was gonna group a few things together, i separated them here just to show u guys what i had... Thanks for all the input so far. I'm cool with shipping or storing. I have space and large boxes 😀

·
Addicted to Junk
10,873 Posts
100 for the carb, 150 if it's in great shape internally. Add the air cleaner and breather as a package.

Radio is hit or miss. I would only put a value of 10 bucks on it, but that's because most people want a newer unit. Now in 20 years when these things finally hit good value for restoration, it might fetch a couple hundo.

Speakers, 5 bucks

·
Registered
644 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One piece i forgot yesterday (cause it was soaking in white vinegar) is this bracket... Is this the old throttle cable bracket? I know he put something new/different on for the throttle cable and cruise cable
191112_124605_COLLAGE-1.jpg

·
Addicted to Junk
10,873 Posts
Might just include that throttle bracket with the carb and such. Otherwise 10 bucks.

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
As a reference, I watched ebay for a while and got what I thought was a decent deal back in May on a 2150 that probably needs a rebuild: paid $75 shipped. If yours was recently rebuilt and ready to bolt on it should be worth a bit more.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How do i determine if it needs rebuilt? Looking at the sticker on it, it would seem it was rebuilt in 2016.

·
Low Buck Bum
3,500 Posts
How do i determine if it needs rebuilt? Looking at the sticker on it, it would seem it was rebuilt in 2016.
That's a very good question, it's hard to tell if a carb needs a rebuild if it isn't on a running engine... and since you're not sure if it's rebuilt or not, best to just put it out there as used. Someone may see the tag and think they're skinning a fat rat, so let them! As BigBlue suggested, you might throw the air cleaner, valve cover breather, and carb bracket all into one package, add $10 for the air cleaner and another $10 for the bracket, someone might want all that together, or would be willing to take it all if they think some part is a great deal for them, and it saves you the headache of extra sale ads and such. I'd do the same with the speakers and radio, bundle them and offer for sale, you might get more interest that way. People are finicky, as soon as I think I've figured out what works to sell, things change. Ugh.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts