21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
How do i determine if it needs rebuilt? Looking at the sticker on it, it would seem it was rebuilt in 2016.
Did it run okay with it on there? I guess I was assuming it did and you just wanted to upgrade to a four barrel. <shrug>

😆😂😆😂😆
That's what I was thinking too... I mean it's not just a part... It's a CLASSIC part... Antique even... That's automatically double the price 👍
Vintage, with patina. That really runs the price up, lol!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It ran before it was swapped out @SRWillis but idk how well. It wasn't driven much with the original carb because of the myriad of other issues she was having so she went off to the mechanic for overhaul.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Ok, so have another part to add to the list that i was hoping ya'll could offer your suggestions on. Was able to finally get the ECM out from under the driver's seat. Originally EECIII ignition system.
20191203_203112_HDR-1.jpg
20191203_203048_HDR-1.jpg
20191203_203130_HDR-1.jpg
20191203_202937_HDR-1.jpg

20191203_203153_HDR-1.jpg

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
This one works... Just upgraded it when we redid the carb and other motor work because i heard the system was not reliable. Not sure about the unubtanium, but if that's the case, yay me (but i doubt it).
Can anyone tell me what the part # is? There's only like 3 different numbers embedded in it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The ecu part number is the U2F-12A650-B2A. A quick search confirmed that its unabtainium, with out sending a core in.
Also the little black part with a part number of E2VF-12A649-N1A is a vehicle specific chip, it contains the vin information and original Ford mapping to YOUR bronco. Im not sure it would be helpful to any one else or not. Some one else help out here as I dont have a clue how the chip works exactlyy, just that my scan tool needs me to input the chip number.

·
Addicted to Junk
10,873 Posts
Pish, nothing is unobtainable, if you know where to look!

But yes, short of a JY, finding an EECIII isnt easy. The second issue is, there isnt a huge demand for them (system reliability problems after 30 years)

I have an EECIV in my 85, still chillin under the dash. It doesnt do anything but take up space.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts