Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.
This topic will probably piss some of you ladies off, if you dont like it, dont read it. Thanks.

As some of you know I work in HR for a very large company.
We support HR for about 58,000 employees.
I handle, payroll, benefits, employee reimbursements, stocks, retirement, 401k, pension, profit sharing, hiring, firing, and too much other shit to post.

Lots of stuff about my job pisses me off, but there is one thing that really gets to me and really pisses me off.

Alimony and Child support.

For example I had an employee who spent over a year patenting a new product for Intel. This product is used in processor manufacturing and will save Intel millions of dollars.
So what Intel does for those particular employees is give them what is called a "Patent award".
Since we all know that it is a federal offence to come up with an idea while working for a corporation and either sell it to another company, or quit and make your own company making profits off the product you made while employed under that company.
Example: If you work for Frito Lay and have a really great idea for a new potato chip, you cant quit and start your own potato chip company. The idea would be "Frito Lay's", and they would sue you and win. Sucks huh? Most states have a 2 year max for this but it still sucks.

Ok getting back to topic.
So since these employees come up with these products and Intel gets them, and either saves money or makes money with them they give the employee a "Patent award".

These range from anywhere like $250.00 to $1 million dollars.
So back to my story. I talked to a guy today who got a patent award for $100,000 dollars (Gross).
However after taxes and garnishments he was left with about $26,000 of that.
So naturally the employee was alarmed and called me.
After looking at his paycheck I found out that his wage garnishments that was set up by his cu nt ex-wife also included awards, and bonuses.
So the wife got half his patent award.
Tell me why the f*ck does this free loading b!tch deserve even one cent of that money? She did nothing to deserve any of it. But of course since the system favors free-loading good for nothing bitches she gets half!!!!!!!!!

Same thing goes for Child support.
We have employees who make well over hundreds of thousands every year.
I see these hard working MEN pay 30, 40, sometimes 50,000 a year in child support alone, not to mention alimony.
I am not a parent but can you parents out there tell me where you could see the cost of raising childen that high? I dont think so.
My parents never brought in half that in a year and raised my brother and I just fine.

Something needs to happen. I told my other half that if we got married and she ****ed me like that in a divorce I would torture her and her family.
It isnt fair.

In the 3 or so years I have been doing this, i have never, not once seen a time where a female had to pay a male alimony or child support. NOT ONCE!

So IMHO if women want equal rights they need to learn to quit free-loading the system. These types of women need to be executed.

Sorry for the rant, but I needed to get that off my chest.

Please help me to understand why this is or isnt *Right*.

(Taking deep breath now) :banghead
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
It isn't right. I have been one of those victims you refer to. Yes the system is screwed up.
The key is this, these guys did not speciify in the post nup agreement correctly what income she is allowed to or not allowed to get a part of. That is key. Most of them probebly have standard child support and ala-bologna agreements.
Issues like bonuses need to be specifically addressed and agreed to so this doesn't happen.

Been there....done that, Thats my experiance.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!
"I told you slut, I aint yo babies daddy"!

LOL, You are a funny man Raf.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,892 Posts
In the 3 or so years I have been doing this, i have never, not once seen a time where a female had to pay a male alimony or child support. NOT ONCE!
I've actually seen two instances where this had happened, but both guys denied the payments, knowing their soon-to-be ex's would never pay it, nor would have any way of paying them.

Every state is different in how it handles the details, but alot does depend on the judge... get a female judge for your divorce, and kiss your ass goodbye. Sexist? maybe, but it's true, I've seen/heard that too. 94 XLT is right, agreements should have been made before a divorce is finalized, usually (!) the judge will go along with whatever the couple decides, so long as the divorce is mutual, and not because of adultery, or some other heinous cause

Alimony payments I can't explain, but I'm sure the women's lib group had something to do with it. Child support payments are generally pretty high, in an effort to to TRY to keep a guy current with his payments. If my mom had gone after my dad for his payments, for me and my brother, we'd both had had collected about 60-70K, before he died... lucky bastard, but it's my mom's fault for not going after him, too... oh well, too late now... F'in bastard

This is all I've learned while living in Alaska, and seeing dozens of marriages fall apart, and like I said, every state could be/is different
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,812 Posts
Oh boy...Well the way some people will look at it, I'm probably one of those free-loading bitches. First off child support is for the CHILDREN and helping provide, food, clothing and shelter for them. After all they are HALF repsonsible for these children that they helped bring onto this earth.I do agree that the system is screwy, espeicaly for the men. I know several guys who are GREAT dad's and would do anything for their kids, yet their ex wives are screwing them over left and right. Now ex husband's, such as mine....well he's the one that gives the other's a bad name. My kids, ages 7 and 8 have not talked to him since begining of October 2003 and have not seen ONE child support check since the end of October. Hence the reason we have lost our home and I've lost my job. Bitch me out for it, I can take it. Sure I could have gotten another job, but with the way things were going down and his LACK of responsibility towards our children, hours at work getting cut, etc. I could be like some of the free-loaders and go to the state and use YOUR money to raise my kids, but I choose to take care of it myself.
Sorry if I got off track here. It's such a touchy subject..at least one parent gets screwed OR the children are the ones who get screwed over. In my opinion, anything the ex makes extra AFTER the divorce is final I want nothing to do with...all I want for my kids is what he owes them, not more, not less....
the typical woman's standard of living dives dramatically in the first year after a divorce -- anywhere from 30 to 45 percent. At the same time, the average man's jumps by 10 to 15 percent. Now just imagine having a child or two and having your income drop up to 45%...
You have no freaking idea how hard it is trying to raise two children alone when your income drops that much, much less when the ex husband feels he doesn't have to pay a ****ing cent. And until a person is in that position, they will NEVER know. I have worked my ass off this past 2 years trying to provide for my children, than the ex just up and leaves the state...
Each case is different, I'm NOT saying that ALL women out there screw their ex's over, there are a good percentage that do though...thus giving all the ex wives that have custody of the children the free-loading bitch name, just like ex's like mine, give all ex husband's the dead beat dad name.
Sorry if I got a bit carried away...the system sucks and some things need to change, for BOTH sides not just one...
Anyway that's just my .02 cents worth...Take it or leave it
 

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
Joined
·
2,982 Posts
I think alimony is a load of crap, I've never figured that one out. child support however is the way it should be...I've never seen child support set up like you were talking. It's usually(in my experience) set up based on the parents combined income and what the state says it cost to raise a child. Each parent pays thier share based on thier income....I can't see it costing 50G's to raise a child, I sure as hell was'nt that expensive....I wonder if that guys atternoy was even awaken dueing the trial????? Fog
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QOTF, I hear you and what you have to say is all good.
Child support can be good if it is reasonable.
In the case where the father wants NOTHING to do with the children after the divorce then ya I can see fit that he should have to pay some money to support the children, but none of that should go to the ex-wife.

BUT, on the flip side if the divorce is a BIG fight over cutody of the children, then the winning party should accept ALL EXPENSES of raising the children they fought for.
I think that most of these women fight to keep children so that they can get money from the state, or money from the ex-husband.

Why cant the parents just share the responsability 50/50?
Like January you live with your father, February you live with your mom. It doesnt have to be by month of course, but bi-weekly or something could be worked out.
Non everyday expenses such as shoes, clothes, schooling, etc. should be worked out evenly and civilly between the two parties, and if that doesnt work out then that is when it would be appropriate to take the non-complying parent to small claims court.

So in a perfect world I feel that the latter would be the best option.
But then there would always be extra expenses that one parent can afford, where another may not. Lets say your daughter wants to be a cheerleader but it costs $2000.00 to sign up.
I can see where the dad would be like WTF?, Tell her to get a job. And the mom would want to split the cost without her getting a job.
That is where the latter idea may fail.

No one has the perfect plan, and that is why people who divorce should work out something for each other. Women shouldnt screw men out of their paychecks, and men shouldnt be dead beat dads.
I honestly think that there are a lot more money hungry pocket raping women out there, than there are dead beat dads though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,892 Posts
Beerman said:
Women shouldnt screw men out of their paychecks, and men shouldnt be dead beat dads.
I honestly think that there are a lot more money hungry pocket raping women out there, than there are dead beat dads though.
I tend to agree with both of these comments, especially when women screw their ex's out of his money, just because she knows she can. TOO many guys are scared not to pay, for fear of what will happen to them, if they don't, but they live miserable lives because of it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya, whats an ex-wives life worth about $0.56? I could never see paying her $26,000 out of a bonus. He should have just shot her. LOL
JK, JK
 

·
OUCH!!
Joined
·
1,044 Posts
What really piss me off is when i see these bitches with like 9 kids and makes a career out of getting money for nothing. All they do is collect money from there baby's daddy's and then turn around and claim wellfare on each the kids as well, and then the woman walks around with her 1000 purse and 500 shoes, and the kids have a few nice things, but mommy is always yelling at them and is more worried about going to the club and finding the next sucka.

I could go on if need to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
Foghorn said:
I think alimony is a load of crap, I've never figured that one out. child support however is the way it should be...I've never seen child support set up like you were talking. It's usually(in my experience) set up based on the parents combined income and what the state says it cost to raise a child. Each parent pays thier share based on thier income....I can't see it costing 50G's to raise a child, I sure as hell was'nt that expensive....I wonder if that guys atternoy was even awaken dueing the trial????? Fog
This is how it works (In PA anyway) There is no alomony in PA.
Our incomes are combined and we each pay a share of what the "statutes" say it costs to raise the children. Mine being the higher income = I pay to even it out. There idea is to what they call "even the income" in each household so the children experiance the same standard of living in each home. (im talkin joint custody now cause thats what I have, Love my kids and I would NEVER give them up to her)
The problem with this idea is when (usually) the man has a much larger income, the sliding scale in the statutes doesn't work then because the man is paying WAY more then he should be (or reasonable) and it almost gives us no reason to work harder cause any more we make a portion of it has to go to her. And obviously when it gets real high, it does NOT all go to the kids. Thats when you go to the court (or Dom rel) and get a ruling, thats what I did and its fair now. Its a bitch, but you have to have the Nads to fight and make it fair or you will get walked all over............
 

·
negative creep
Joined
·
8,651 Posts
Queen of the Forest said:
the typical woman's standard of living dives dramatically in the first year after a divorce -- anywhere from 30 to 45 percent. At the same time, the average man's jumps by 10 to 15 percent. Now just imagine having a child or two and having your income drop up to 45%...
this is just my personal experience, but take it for what its worth. yes, that statistic may be true, but thats just the harsh reality of life. in nearly ever single marriage that i know of, the women don't even come close to providing 30% of the families monetary income. it is for the most part the mans income that keeps the family going. i know divorced fathers who have no problem providing for their kids on just their income WITHOUT money from their wives, and i know divorced mothers who have no way of surviving without the house they got in the settlement and the child support they recieve. sure, they have jobs, but they still need the man to get by. i'm not trying to call women lazy, but the harsh fact is that in the family they do not pull their weight as far as the money is concerned. this may just be because i am 18 and all the families i know are supported by comfortable males with good jobs and the wives only have to get jobs if they want to or when they get bored around the house. do i agree with child support? of course, but women can't expect a man to support her in the pre-divorce lifestyle just so she doesn't have to take a paycut in the job of life after they have both decided to end their marriage. you want to be single, then you have to live like everyother single.

but personally, i think divorce sucks and i believe in the traditional american household where the woman stays home most of the day and takes care of the kids and the mans goes to work and comes home and gets laid :toothless
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,729 Posts
Andy351 said:
but personally, i think divorce sucks and i believe in the traditional american household where the woman stays home most of the day and takes care of the kids and the mans goes to work and comes home and gets laid :toothless
:lolup :lolup
Would be nice :thumbup ........ but what a dream world huh guys :shocked
 

·
negative creep
Joined
·
8,651 Posts
94 XLT BRONCO said:
:lolup :lolup
Would be nice :thumbup ........ but what a dream world huh guys :shocked
dream world? thats what my gf said she would do if we were married right now :rockon
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,198 Posts
How can one help you to understand that which makes absolutely no sense?

Many states, for example (Washington being one of them) have a requirement that Dad continue to pay child support past age 18, if the kid is going to college.

Yet, if the marriage had continued, there would be no requirement of any kind to pay for a kid's college expenses.

Much like many other issues of equality between the sexes, women primarily want "situational equality," the kind that, for example, allow women, who are a numerically greater part of the population of this country, to gain legal minority status. Imagine, there are millions more women then men, yet they are a minority.

Right now over 55% (and climbing) of all people graduating from college are female. If the numbers were reversed, women's groups would be losing their collective minds. And when was the last time you heard of a "Men's Studies Program" at any university? Only 18 year old males must register for the draft, and women's groups remain silent. Women are excluded from most combat assignments, and women's groups remain silent. Women, who KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY stopped working when they had kids, or, for that matter, got married, demand alimony as a result when they kick out Dad. Women file roughly 80% of all divorces in this country, a figure skewed by the knowledge that thy will materially gain by such an action.

In short, women want the goodies without the responsibility. They want equality, all right, but oddly enough, the only "equality" they want is that peculiar variety that favors them.

Is it any wonder that there are fewer and fewer marriages, and more and more pre-nuptial agreements?

So, there is no way to adequately explain the ritual shafting of men in this country, except that men refuse to unite enough to do anything about it. :lowblow
 

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
Joined
·
2,644 Posts
ok, i also have strong feelings about this. alimony is pure shit. the case beerman used is pure shit. all that the woman deserves is child support, thats it. remember all those fights women are making so they are perfectly equal with men? well then you can pay for all the things men do too, they can help pay for the kids, but since you are equal and all, you can pay for your side of things. im sorry if that statement offends anyone, but thats the way i think it should be. i would like to hear others opinions on this as well.

wes
 

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
Joined
·
2,644 Posts
95 BXL said:
How can one help you to understand that which makes absolutely no sense?

Many states, for example (Washington being one of them) have a requirement that Dad continue to pay child support past age 18, if the kid is going to college.

Yet, if the marriage had continued, there would be no requirement of any kind to pay for a kid's college expenses.

Much like many other issues of equality between the sexes, women primarily want "situational equality," the kind that, for example, allow women, who are a numerically greater part of the population of this country, to gain legal minority status. Imagine, there are millions more women then men, yet they are a minority.

Right now over 55% (and climbing) of all people graduating from college are female. If the numbers were reversed, women's groups would be losing their collective minds. And when was the last time you heard of a "Men's Studies Program" at any university? Only 18 year old males must register for the draft, and women's groups remain silent. Women are excluded from most combat assignments, and women's groups remain silent. Women, who KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY stopped working when they had kids, or, for that matter, got married, demand alimony as a result when they kick out Dad. Women file roughly 80% of all divorces in this country, a figure skewed by the knowledge that thy will materially gain by such an action.

In short, women want the goodies without the responsibility. They want equality, all right, but oddly enough, the only "equality" they want is that peculiar variety that favors them.

Is it any wonder that there are fewer and fewer marriages, and more and more pre-nuptial agreements?

So, there is no way to adequately explain the ritual shafting of men in this country, except that men refuse to unite enough to do anything about it. :lowblow
AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM ON HIS SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wes
 
9

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I dont see how one sitiuation calls for child support to be 500.00 a month, and then the next situation calls for child suppor to be 1200 a month.

WTF? If i made a million a year would child support be 12,000.00 a ****ing month?

yeah, not right. fuzzy math
 
1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Top