Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Bronco XLT
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone

My two-tone 85 XLT V8 302 EFI has been in the shop for months with electrical/fuelling issues. A few of the sensors weren't getting enough power (EGR and ECT mainly). Turns out pin 46 in my PCM is pretty much broken off. My mechanic friend who discovered the issue is going to attempt to solder it, but in the meantime I'm looking around for a new unit just in case.

Problem is, my PCM with the busted pin has no clear model or serial markings on it. I've attached photos of the front and back. I've searched the forum and found a few similar threads, including one that said some Broncos have a sticker in the door jam with a PCM model number on it. But it was for 90's Broncos and I can't seem to find the sticker on my 85.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1985 Bronco XLT
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh interesting. The Certification Label number? Will look into it now.

I probably should've mentioned this in my opening post, but the truck (as far as I know) came from Ford with a Manual Transmission and at some point was converted into an Automatic. Would that change the "OEM part # is: E5TF-12A650UB"?

·
Registered
1985 Bronco XLT
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For anyone out there with the same problem.... The solder job seems to have worked! Pin 46 (sensor ground) has been fixed, computer has been plugged back in and the truck seems happy. No more loading up or running rich.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts