Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a 1988 fs bronco 351 EFI and im haveing all kinds of problems..Ive searced for 1-3 hours and cant find anything..Ive checked my haynes manual too but it does not give me all the info i need..

I would like to test my EEC relay and My fuel pump relay but i dont know how..the haynes gives some info but not on which wire it is..

Ive got a digital multimeter and need to know how to test the relays with it..Like what do i set it at?

And what each wire should read? If there is something you can link me to or help me..Please do..I have a post in the emergency forums...Basically my fuel pump runs constant when key is in run position..The front pump..before this all started it would run for a few seconds the stop..

Also im getting no spark ive changed the Coil and the ICM/TFI.. And it wont let me pull codes either it use to but ever since this problem started it wont..Im so lost im supposed to be at my new job early monday morning and it doesnt look like thats happening..

And would a bad eec or fpr cause no spark and the fuel pump to keep running...

And my haynes wireing diagram is off a little bit so its making this alot more difficult..So any help would be great..

And i also tried getting a new EEC relay and fpr but none of the Junkyards or parts stores around me have them..I think i have 1 of the only broncos in my town..lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know.. i checked for ever hoping id eventually strike gold and there would be spark..LOL Well steve83 was just saying i could use a standard bosch type relay so im gonna try that tommorrow..I wish 1 of the parts stores would have told me that:twak they wanted like 25 bucks just for1 ..

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
88full-sbronco said:
I wish 1 of the parts stores would have told me that:twak they wanted like 25 bucks just for1 ..
Perfect example of why switching to the bosch style is a good idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts