Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, i went out to start my bronco this morning and while it was turning over about to start i lost all power to the whole truck. no lights, no radio, no hazards, nothing.

i went out between my class to see if i could jump it, nothing. but then after i closed the hood and was about to leave, i noticed the door locks worked, so i tried to start it and again, it lost all power while it was turning over.

anyone with ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts
Make sure the terminals to the battery are clean and well connected. If so, I would begin checking all connections from your battery on for both the positive and negative lead. Make sure all grounds are clean and secure and all positive connections are clean and secure....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check to see if you are getting 12v in your fuse panel and on the terminals of your starter solenoid. If you have a bad starter solenoid, it would cut power to all accessories except the starter upon starting. If it went bad, then it wouldn't return power to your car after cranking.

A new one is less than $15 after tax, so if yours looks iffy, it might even be worth replacing so it doesn't give trouble later.

Eamon

·
Registered
904 Posts
you have abad connection somewhere. Most likely right at the terminals ont he battery. EXACT same thing happened to my buddies ranger, he thought he was utterly screwed. I took an exacto knife and scraped his + and - terminals and connectors and the things started right up.

if that doesnt work check the ground on the engine block/frame.

If that is all fine i would try replacing your ground cable and positive cable (the main ones coming right off of the battery).

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
battery cables.

Check the positive and negative battery cables to ensure they are in good condition with little to no resistance.

I had the same problem with mine, would have to get out, crawl under the truck and wiggle the positive battery cable to the starter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts