Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working on my Bronco for about 3 weeks now and I have finally got all KOEO codes to come up with no problems, I have now moved on to the KOER codes and have hit a dead spot. One of the problems with the KOEO codes was the EGR sensor so I replaced my EGR sensor, now the KOER code 33 states EGR valve fault, I am confused. The code 25 "knock not sensed during dynamic response test", I have tried looking under the search thread but maybe I am not wording it right to get what I am looking for. Any help will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I drove around the block a few times and now I am coming up with code 84 KOEO. This is really getting confusing, since last time I check KOEO the only code I got was 11.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Codes only reflect sensors that are reporting out of range, not that the sensor itself is bad. You need to take into consideration all of the other codes as well, and do some basic diagnostic work.

What is the problem you are having and what are all the codes you are getting?

·
Super Moderator
25,833 Posts
yo,
Good stuff by slawson!

33 & 84 are related;
DTC 33 is triggered when the EVP sensor is not closing; so EZiest & cheapest checks are to inspect & repair/replace repair any bad vac lines. for a <$ vac line test; I pull em off and use the straw sucking test; one finger over one end; includes EVP testing & Links
Source: by miesk5 at FSB

DTC 84 EGR Vacuum Regulator (EVR); also called EGR Vacuum Solenoid failed; Bad or unplugged EGR solenoid,or circuit is bad

25 Knock sensor not tested (KOER); ignore if not pinging

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to mention that I had checked and replaced vacuum lines during my initial KOEO codes over the past few weeks. After I did all the maintenance and replaced bad sensors I received code 11. This is when I moved on to the KOER test and came up with code 33 and 25, After I drove around the block a few times I retested the KOEO and received the code 84. Why did I check KOEO when I already had code 11? I dont know, I guess I was bored. But all vacuum hoses are good. These are the only three codes that are coming up.

·
Super Moderator
25,833 Posts
yo,
NP

this is by Ford; and was written for thei mechanics;
"...A technician that is unfamiliar with the EEC Self-Test can mistakenly believe that continuous Memory codes are not present when they really are. He may run KOER Self-Test and get a pass code (111) and not realize that KOEO Self-Test must be run to receive any Continuous Memory codes. He may run KOEO Self-Test while counting MIL flashes and misinterpret the repeated hard fault pass code (111) to mean that Continuous Memory does not contain any codes..."
http://home.comcast.net/~miesk5/technical_service_bulletins.htm#MIL Explanation with No Self Test Codes TSB 92-24-3 by Ford for 91-93
by Ford via miesk5 at comcast.net

Read a lot more there
btw; Sub 11 for 111
======
You still need to ck out the EVR

and EVP; Overview & Tests by Ryan M (Fireguy50) at fordfuelinjection.com
http://fordfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=35

& Testing; "...Using the Haynes manual's procedures, you should be able to back-probe the EVP line and ascertain whether the EVP voltage is correct. It should be below 0.67V @ zero vacuum on the EGR, slowly increasing with applied vacuum from a hand pump. DO NOT apply more than 10 in-Hg to the valve..."
Source: by SigEpBlue (Steve) at http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163513

I have more testing Links in my site under Emission, Exhaust Gas Re-circulation (EGR) System -

·
penis
3,320 Posts
For codes 33, and 85 I would check the solinoids that control the vac. to the purge canister, and for the EGR. I think they are sticking for the code 25 remove replace and reinstall a new knock sensor.

Code 11/111 are system pass, just just means all eletrical conections and everything are being read,(power going to, power coming from pretest operations have read everything). It can also mean that at the time of the test everything is all fine but the code you are getting is stored in the computer for the last 40-80 warm engine cycles.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
IIRC, mine was the egr solenoid on top of the egr valve that threw those codes. I replaced my egr solenoid and the codes went away. Did you replace the solenoid? Is your egr valve tube clear ? Are your egr valve ports clear? Both in the upper intake, and valve?:shrug

1 - 8 of 8 Posts