Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the knuckle under flip for my 79 Bronco. I ordered the reamer and reamed, now look at the problem. The only way to make it work is to cut off the front shock mounts! Who played me and said just ream and flip? :twak Can anyone help? What can I do? Is it ok to cut off the front shock mounts?

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I ran into the same problem when I went over knuckle on mine.
I cut off the brackets and did away with the front shock.Its got a little more body roll now but it actually gained some flex.
Slim

·
College User
2,018 Posts
My 79 only has one front shock per side.

·
press ALT+F4
4,281 Posts
massbronco said:
i always thought the front shock was the main shock and rearward shock was more for towing :shrug
on bronco's that don't have the tow package don't they only have the front shock?
78/9 Bronco-F150 had shock in front on driver's side and behind the axle on the pass. side. Quad shocks were available on the handling package and Trailer Special package. The earlier F100's had em behind the axle on both sides. It works. The difference is the shocks made for a quad shock front are a lot softer than the shocks for a regular front.

·
www.easttn4x4.com
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It seems there should be a better/safer way to do this. Maybe a knuckle swap that would have the mounts farther out?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts