Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i just found out that the crossover tube on the back of the heads is rusted out pretty bad. It looks pretty tight back there. How do i get back there to replace this thing, If you got links to anything, post em up please. Thanks alot.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
Hey guys, i just found out that the crossover tube on the back of the heads is rusted out pretty bad. It looks pretty tight back there. How do i get back there to replace this thing, If you got links to anything, post em up please. Thanks alot.
Mine was missing after the long block install

and then Ontario, 30 years after America, institutes emission testing:doh0715: I had to run off to the junkyard (where you're getting your pipe anyway) and get what I needed.

Luckily for you I scored everything for @ $10.00. The best part was there was an 89 with no fenders, hood or front end with the motor totally exposed for access !:chili:

I was able to see everything I had to take and how to get to it, before I had to crawl on top of my own engine and replace it all.

Get on down to your local yard and see for yourself or cruise Steve83's excellent diagrams and familiarize yourself before you go near your own. Why should you wreck your own parts when you can learn on a junkyard unit:D

I had the best results laying my chest on top of the upper intake and reaching my hands around behind the heads. Forget mirrors you just have to feel around and know what you're hoping to get a ratchet on.

The two bolts on the back of the heads are easy enough to get off. What generally happens is the huge threaded collar that your 4 way valve screws onto, twists and breaks. Rather the pipe it's attached to twists and crumples.

Sixlitre

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright thanks, ill see what i can do but it probably wont happen very soon, i have too much stuff im doing right now.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
Alright thanks, ill see what i can do but it probably wont happen very soon, i have too much stuff im doing right now.
If you can't make it to a yard

look at Steve's diagrams and order that connecting pipe from Ford.

Sixlitre

1 - 5 of 5 Posts