Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im helping my buddy with an engine swap. what hes got is a 87 mustang that has a bored 302 with a B cam and stock E7s. its also got a nice air gap intake with a 750CFM double pumper holley 4BBL carb and a 6AL MSD ignition system. the car has seen better days so, he decided to put this engine into his 96 ford F150 2WD. the truck is in good shape but, the engine(5L 302) has hard 400K kilometers on it. he has pulled the engine out from the truck and today we striped the engine and exhaust from the rust stang. thing is now, since i have little knowlage on the auto trans. will the trans work with a carbed engine? some people say it needs a stand alone comp, run a C4 3-speed, some say to just run the stock trans. what is the best, easiest and cheapest route for the trans? also, when the 302 was in the stang. it ran good but, rich. i said that the carb is too big for that engine. would a 600CFM be more sufficiant? last but not least. the engine has a 3G alt on it(forgot to mention the the car was a electrical nightmare due to the previous owner) and was hooked to the battery with a 10gauge wire and thats it. nothing else was plugged in and there was no fuse or circuit breaker. what needs to be done to have this working right? would the trucks origonal alt harness plug in?

marquisman-GMN

1 - 1 of 1 Posts