Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am in the middle of a transgo install and I can't get the stupid e4od solenoid pack out on my 95. I've got the two nuts, the torx bols around the outside and the 2 hidden torx in the middle under that black plastic cover. It moves around and is hanging up on the wiring harness I think. I don't want to break it, so I just thought I would check with y'all and see if there is something keeping it in there. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK... I'll give it a try... Are the two little screws under the plastic cover supposed to be remived or is that for solenoid disassembly only? They are out right now, but I am not convinced I should have taken them out. Ford service manual does not mention them.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
You unplugged the wiring harness connector first, right? 10 bolts around the outside edges is all that needs to come off then it pulls right down(assuming it's unplugged).

If not already done, be sure to disconnect your battery for 5 -10 min. The battery should be disconnected during a job like this anyway though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 4r100 trans i just wanted to thank people for the help and spread the news i have a 1999 expedition and the tranny was skipping 2nd gear and hessitating i asked several people and mechanics the mecs said tranny needs to be rebuilt 2400 $$$$$$ NOTTTTTTTTTT i got the solinoid pack and it took 2 hrs to change never did one so very easy but messy .unplugging the plug was the hardest part the solinoid cost 130 rebuilt and 175 new a no brainer GET THE NEW ONE THANKS FOR THE INFO if any one has any questions i will be checking this site VERY HELPFUL

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,875 Posts
im curious to hear how the tranny performs after this install. i would like to do the same on my e4od now that i have the 4.88's and 35's on there.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,875 Posts
any update regarding this? did you notice improvment with the newer pack?

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
where did you get the updated pack??? anyone know if one from a 96 would work??? being thats its obd II???

i need to get an updated one...i ahve a 95 ECU talking to a 91 solenoid pack

dc
Yeah, where are you guys getting the packs??? The only place I have found so far is the dealer, and they are 300 bucks. I tried napa, carquest and looked through summits catalog... so far nothing but the dealer....

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
I don't see the answer that helped you out here, and I have the same issue. Could you point me in the right direction?
The last posting by the OP of this thread was in August 2008 - he was selling his Bronco

(and two posts on the same subject is frowned upon, but good luck anyway)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts