Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help searching for 3G swap for my 93'

I would like some help PLEASE I try searching for a 3G swap and all that come up is "The search term you specified (3G) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.

Can some one direct me to a thread on this subject or more specifically for my 93 bronco XLT 302 not sure what alternator I have but here are some pics..... :doh: .http://www.superford.org/registry/vehicles/showmedia.php?id=98216

Thanks for any help :drinkbud

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,874 Posts
first off, you need to flip them round. It's a 3G ;)

And it seems you have a 3G already, might be a lower 90amp model however.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OOPs :banghead Sorry 3G Well i have a few questions: 1)What vehicles have this setup with a higher amperage? so i could do a swap
http://www.superford.org/registry/vehicles/showmedia.php?id=98218

2)at idle in drive(like at a stoplight) the volt meter drops over half way down,the headlights are dim,fan slow,ect. could it be the regulator?
:drinkbud

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,874 Posts
check ebay if you dare.
Better choice is to flip the phone book open. Larger cities typically have a alt/starter specilist. They can get you what you want, with superioir quality, and cheaper outcome. I got my 3G up to 160+ amps for $110 at my fav shop here in town.
Idle is typically related to the size of the pully. you can get a smaller pully to fix that problem, but the larger output of a custom alt would fix that too.
Agan, check the phone book for best results

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:thumbup Thank you for all your help...I live in minneapolis so hopefully
I'll find a shop here...do you know where can i get the smaller pulley?

Sorry if dumb question :banghead

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,874 Posts
same place
If you find a good quality alt/starter shop, they can get you any custom pully you need. My first 3G was on my old 302 with the V-belt system. They got me a custom dual rib V pully for the 3G, still got the pully in my garage.

Like I said look for that one little shop that does all the crazy work. They'll have big diesel starters and old tractor alts on the counter. They can guide you to the best re-build and pully for your needs

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I don't blame you for it......Dec. 26-at detroit:chili:

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,874 Posts
I'm just hoping we can make it to the playoffs now.
They can't play superstars now, time to re-treat and just get the job done. Pure and simple. 10 players injured. Our injured players make more $$$ than a few teams entire budget. Stuff like this could put us with Buf bankrupt.

It would suck if they we have this many injuries in Feb when the biggest showdown of all NHL happens twice. Avs - Wings

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I don't think we have any chance at the playoffs,and now that flu has been killin' us (5 guys out with it):uke: I watch those games(Avs-Wings)if national televised...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts