Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, one of the guys in the local club, Mississippi-mud.com, and who is a jeeper (I know, but he aint real bright!) and I were "discussing". I know in the jeeps, cherokee etc, there is a rev limiter, but I told him there was no such thing in a ford bronco, e40d, 5.8, 1990.

I told him that if we were to put one in a ford, it would have to be one of those Mallory Rev Limiting tacs we used to put in muscle cars....(not a bad idea though)

If I am right, I got a bunch of "told you so, you duma$$ jeeper" coming.

i

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
The 94 351's have a rev limiter. I dont have MAF so I would think it's the same as yours. The rev limiter is around 5500-5700 rpm. Yes I've used it.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,138 Posts
He's a jeeper, therefor you win by default! :goodfinge

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I plead the 5th, I still got answers owed

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,138 Posts
Ryan knows! Quick... get the tazer! :goodfinge

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,526 Posts
All EEC-IV have rev lims, though I've never bounced offa mine; can't afford to throw a rod!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Any rev limiter these trucks have, few of us are ever likely to see. On DSII stuff its around 6300RPM (and it's not really a limiter, DS just won't build a strong enough spark to keep going after that). The highest revving thing I've ever owned with DSII was done by 4800RPM, but boy did it do when it did :D

Justin

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I've had my 94 302 to 5700 for an extended period of time and thats as high as it will go. It didn't act as if there was a rev limiter, I think the engine just couldn't go any higher with the factory cam in it.

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
ive bounced off the rev limiter a few times. its right around 5k on my 95

1 - 13 of 13 Posts