Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search, and found out that I can bypass the smog pump (okay, first I did a search to find out WHAT it was that had seized up today)...so, here's my question...does anyone know what length belt I'll need to just bypass the stupid smog pump? I can't find the info anywhere. :duh

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FYI...after 3 trips to Advance auto parts, I finally got the right one. 91" is nice and tight, and leaves plenty of room in the tensioner.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
broncoflorida said:
Do you have pictures of this and what p/n on the belt?
I don't have any pictures, but the belt p/n is 915K6 at Advance Auto. Cost was $25.48.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bronco lover said:
So will this belt be the same for a 94 Bronco 351 if im going to eliminate the smog pump? My smog systm is already removed just the pump is in place.
I would assume so. I don't think they changed the belt configuration between 90 and 94.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,204 Posts
No the belt is not the same, the 351 and 302 use two different belt lengths.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gacknar said:
Did you also rerought the belt for better traction on the water pump pully?
Mine is set up like the Blue diagram in the other thread now. The only thing that bothers me a bit is the fact that the belt rubs on the smog pump's pulley. but it's the smooth side, and there isn't much contact, so I'm not going to worry about it. Now I need to figure out how to get the smog pump off.

·
Registered
634 Posts
troyalan1970 said:
Mine is set up like the Blue diagram in the other thread now. The only thing that bothers me a bit is the fact that the belt rubs on the smog pump's pulley. but it's the smooth side, and there isn't much contact, so I'm not going to worry about it. Now I need to figure out how to get the smog pump off.

Two bolts go through it. Take 'em out. You'll probably want a serious breaker bar, though. The long one was an absolute biatch on mine. Good luck!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wwatsonh said:
Two bolts go through it. Take 'em out. You'll probably want a serious breaker bar, though. The long one was an absolute biatch on mine. Good luck!
Did you take all the emissions crap off? Any problems after removal?

·
Registered
634 Posts
troyalan1970 said:
Did you take all the emissions crap off? Any problems after removal?

I took off the AIR stuff, but left a single cat (I have a complete Bassani exhaust with single cat) and EGR. I haven't had the engine running long enough to know if I'll have problems, but the research I've done tells me that I shouldn't.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wwatsonh said:
I took off the AIR stuff, but left a single cat (I have a complete Bassani exhaust with single cat) and EGR. I haven't had the engine running long enough to know if I'll have problems, but the research I've done tells me that I shouldn't.
That's what I've been finding. Thanks Will!

-Troy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts