Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes i searched and maybe im spelling it wrong but i didnt find anything.
lately the bronco has been studdering when i put it in Drive and press the gas
and most of the time it will die. what all can it be?

and another question. if the ALT is brand new and its not charging what else could it be?
thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good plugs, brand new coil, new cap and rotor. where are the fuel filter and pump? in tank?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Fuel pump is probably in the tank (not sure on '80's models) filter on frame rail on drivers side. Studder could be a vacuum leak also. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Mine needed a new acelerator pump in the carb and no more problem.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright thanks for the ideas ill check it out as soon as i can.

another question:
are ignitoin wires a good investment? i saw some at the auto parts store for $20 then $30
right now i have the stock ones on there (i think they are stock) and was just wondering
if spending the money on the wires is justicifible(SP?)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same problem... when i put it in drive and then go from a stop or moving slowly it studders and i have to feather the gas a lil to get it to rev... have you fixed yours yet? if so how did u do it? ive had the carb rebuilt and the plugs and cables are new and the engine has been rebuilt a while ago. :shrug

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Sounds like carb problems, it would probably be a good idea to clean and rebuild the carb, as well as replacing the fuel filter.

·
Registered
21 Posts
im supposed to have the carb re-adjusted soon so hopefully thatll do it... the fuel filter has been replaced a while ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts