Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving to work today in a decent amount of snow, and the trans started to feel real funny. i had it in 4 hi and was going up a hill then all of a sudden it felt like the truck just fell on its face and dogged so i stepped on the gas a little harder and there was a couple clunks and the motor revved freely and it wouldnt move. i jumped out and called my fiance to bring my explorer so we could flat tow it to a nearby mall parkin lot. by the time she got there i told her i want to try it again so i fired it up knocked it into 2wd and it drove to the mall lot and made a few clunks in between but got there ok. i just had her pick me up and didnt mess with it since. a couple weeks ago i had pulled a code that said excess conv. slippage but that was after i pulled a car on a dolly and i figured that had contributed to that i erased the code and it was fine till today. what do you think?, shot converter is the direction im thinkin but i just wanted some second opinions. and if so where is the best place to get a converter?

i was thinkin before of sellin the truck untill a fellow member ran a carfax on the truck and here i was lied to by the prev. owner, he said it had 180,000 on it but it actually has 280,000. the motor and trans were redone but i dont know if they did a conv. or not. the truck runs awesome otherwise so its kind of pointless for me to sell it for next to nothing just because it has 280,000.:banghead

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
I don't know about your trans. But on a car or truck 10 years or older, I don't think you even have to state mileage. I know on my 92 in Colorado I didn't have to put it on the title.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in pa you need to sign an odometer disclosure whenever you transfer a title and state mileage every year when you get your registration renewal you have to state mileage. even though it may not appear on your title.

·
Registered
621 Posts
my old man's 92 threw that same code, turns out he was way low on fluid. and the e4od trans was definitely not made for towing. you also might want to look into an external trans cooler.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
not sure...sounds liek a converter problem...im in west grove pa...just above newark delaware...

91 silver anniversary...just did a 351w swap...we should hook up and go wheeling sometime...me and a couple of buddies are going to paragon in the spring

dc

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
badpony93 said:
my old man's 92 threw that same code, turns out he was way low on fluid. and the e4od trans was definitely not made for towing. you also might want to look into an external trans cooler.
Why would you say the E4OD is definitely not made for towing? :popc1:

would love to have you explain this to us, seeing as ford put this tranny behind all trucks, including 1 ton diesels for quite some time. It's needed upgrades over the years, and certainly is expensive to repair, but it's a good tranny, and more than capable in the towing department.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
91nite351 said:
draining fluid today, we will see what happens.
and changing the internal filter too, right ?

Then considering remote transmission filter ?

Excellent ideas 91

Sixlitre

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks like its a t-case issue because is runnin awesome in 2wd now but pops out of 4wd. looks llike its being sold as a 2wd. because now i have my 97 250 powerstroke turbo to pull stuff. oh well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts