Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 4" Rancho lift from somebody on the board several months ago. (I think it was a friend of Locopony's) Now I'm actually getting ready to get it installed. What I'm looking for are pics and or measurements of where to drill holes for the axle pivot drop brackets. There are a total of three different brackets that just aren't making sense to me. Basically, what goes where?

I have the extended radius arms so I'm ass-uming that I can mount those last and bolt them up where they end up sitting near the frame.

Thanks for the help. :rockon

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Not sure if this will help but check out Rancho's website for the lift. If its like the skyjacker site it will have instructions on how to install it. Hope this helps :shrug

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Marauder said:
Not sure if this will help but check out Rancho's website for the lift. If its like the skyjacker site it will have instructions on how to install it. Hope this helps :shrug
Yeah, they have a pdf for most other lifts but this one :banghead

·
College User
2,020 Posts
I would not mount the radius arms where they end up, or at least first mark off the 17 or 18 inches back, whatever the number is, to make sure they end up where they should be.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
:stupid He's right...use measurements, not just where "they fall". Post up some pics of the brackets so we can get a visual! :beer

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
The extended radius arms can be a hell of a pain in the ass if not mounted right. If they are to far back, the cause binding in the axle arms and lots of camber and caster adjustment.

I have a dick cepek stage II which is a 4 or 6'' lift. The extended arms are by superlift. They suggest to have them 18'' back, i made a mistake in my measurments and they were 19'' or so back. I would suggest between 17 and 18'', 17 will give you an extra inch of wheelbase...That is how ANDY351 mounted his.

The brackets are very self explanatory once you take the others off.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gobucs1 said:
http://www.gorancho.com/documents/88031b.pdf

It is not your lift but it is a ford install and should help.

Think that is the lift he means.

Yep, that's the lift but I have the old school straight arms instead of the bent arms. The three brackets that I'm talking about are at the top of the picture. I'll snap a closer picture. These are the axle pivot brackets, correct?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The brackets are very self explanatory once you take the others off.
I guess that is my problem Maybe I'm just thinking about it too much. Just need to do it.

BTW...I did see that pdf for the 97+ F150 but that set up is alot different than the TTB setup. Thanks though.

anymore replies are appreciated. :beer

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
Try getting the 6" Rancho instruction in PDF. The radius arm measurements may be different but the parts locations will be the same. That stuff looks like junk to me . . . I could take it off your hands real cheap:santa

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
like drilim said, i mounted my radius arms 17" back instead of 18". i had tranny crossmember issues and 17" was as far back as it would go. yes it also does give you an extra inch of wheelbase. my 35s rubbed the bumper where most 4" lifts with 35s rub the back of the fender well. but hey, its much easier to trim the bumper :thumbup problem solved.

the bracket that is totally flat is a reinforcement bracket for the passengerside bracket and mounts to the front of the crossmember. when you take off your factory bracket, you will see 2 or 3 bolts that hold it on to the crossmember(can't remember how many exactly). they have a special plate that holds 2 of them together too. the flat bracket lines up with the holes in the bottom left bracket in the top picture. heres a picture of my procomp kit which is very similar, sorry its not a very good pic, but you should at least be able to figure out which bracket goes where.

and just in case you didn't know:
*the top bracket in the top picture is the driver's side (passenger beam) bracket
*the bottom left bracket is the passenger side (drivers beam) bracket, it has the right angle tab welded on to the front of it.
*the flat bracket uses some of the same bolts as the bottom left bracket. play around with them, and you'll see how they fit together. it mounts to the crossmember, right behind the power steering cooler that is there.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Try getting the 6" Rancho instruction in PDF. The radius arm measurements may be different but the parts locations will be the same. That stuff looks like junk to me . . . I could take it off your hands real cheap
They didn't have the pdf for the 6" either :cry I think BigNOrm has the same Rancho kit for pretty cheap in the for sale section. Check it out.

Thanks Andy. I think that is exactly what I needed. Everything else is pretty straight forward, just wasn't sure how those brackets fo together.

Here is a pic of thejuice's rad. arm brackets. His are the later style bent arms. He doesn't look like he had a problem with the tranny crossmember, but I think that I will be dealing with the same issues as Andy.

Navigation

We've got some pretty decent snow here today. Since I don't have a garage, I think I will play today and deal with the lift another day...like maybe spring :thumbup

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
Lookinfurfun said:
They didn't have the pdf for the 6" either :cry I think BigNOrm has the same Rancho kit for pretty cheap in the for sale section. Check it out.

Thanks Andy. I think that is exactly what I needed. Everything else is pretty straight forward, just wasn't sure how those brackets fo together.

Here is a pic of thejuice's rad. arm brackets. His are the later style bent arms. He doesn't look like he had a problem with the tranny crossmember, but I think that I will be dealing with the same issues as Andy.

Navigation

We've got some pretty decent snow here today. Since I don't have a garage, I think I will play today and deal with the lift another day...like maybe spring :thumbup
Think that might be a good call, plus after today it is going to start getting real cold, more snow on the way...without a garage I would not mess with it for now. Later today I will post up some pics of all the front brackets and their location, since our lift sounds the same except for my bent rad arms.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thejuice said:
Think that might be a good call, plus after today it is going to start getting real cold, more snow on the way...without a garage I would not mess with it for now. Later today I will post up some pics of all the front brackets and their location, since our lift sounds the same except for my bent rad arms.

Thanks Mark. That would be great :thumbup

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
LLF,
did you read oscars info? i think that will be of the most help to you, and if you can move the axle forward i would, like andy. that sounds like the best bet for tire clearance and still flex, IIRC his flexes decently for TTB. good luck

wes

·
Registered
355 Posts
Lookinfurfun said:
Yeah, they have a pdf for most other lifts but this one :banghead

Most of the drop brackets re-use some of the orginal bracket holes. All you'd need to do is bolt up the new bracket and then drill the new holes.

Bob K.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts