Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just looking at my water pump today and i was moving the fan and then i noticed that there was a hole in my water pump and when i spin the fan i can see movement in the hole.. is this anything to be concerned about?

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
There is usually what they call a wheep hole in older model water pumps like ours. As long as you're not loosing water you're fine. Typically, if the seal begins to fail, the water will start leaking through the hole and you'll see it there before the pump fails completely.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the kid that i bought it from said its a new water pump.so its prolly about a 1 year and half old. i just came across that hole and wondered if i unplugged something or if its just suppose to be like that.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i was just looking at my water pump today and i was moving the fan and then i noticed that there was a hole in my water pump and when i spin the fan i can see movement in the hole.. is this anything to be concerned about?

its definatly susposto be there... theres one directly below that on the underside of water pump also...if fluid starts to come out one of these holes its time for new pump, but you can always see something moving in there when u turn it even brand new right out of the box

1 - 6 of 6 Posts