Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find replacement shocks for my bronco. Here's what I have:

93 bronco 8" up front (extended radius arms coming shortly, but stock with drops right now) with sky mfg. shackle flip and 1.5" add-a-leaf in the rear. I need to bring the rear up and will probably replace the stock springs with 2.5" lifted springs and see how that does, adding the add-a-leaf if need be (any thoughts on re-arching springs?). What shocks should I run for this setup? I bought the kit of a guy going SAS and it's sorta hodge-podge. The shocks are hecklethorn that came with it, and garbage IMO. Can't find a site that will give me a part# for any 8" kit and all that JBG lists is for 6" kits. I know I can go take everything apart and cycle the suspension but I really don't want to do all that since I know there is PLENTY of KNOWLEDGE on this site, and someone knows the answer. No, I'm not going for a rock crawler, but I do go off road occasionally, and I don't want to hamper my travel especially in the front end which lacks already. Any advise would be greatly appreciated, or if you can find a thread with the info. PLEASE show me since I can't seem to find it in the 80-96 tech section...

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
75 Posts
So, er, you're looking for a complete kit, is that right? Or do you just want to lift the rear?
This be an 8" complete lift. Price is also almost 2k.
Otherwise, you could just install a small leaf in the back and then add a block, that's probably cheapest. ProComp's got leafs for about 200 each (6"). Plus 2 blocks (2") and with the entire setup you're probably looking at 800 or so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts