Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im doing my swap (79' coil buckets and stock 79' R/A's) and im in search of photos for similar 92-96 body style radius arm mounts. Im looking at mine and i think my welded on sliders are right where this mount will end up. I searched and i have come up empty. Im bolting on my new buckets right now and will line up the axle soon, and i fear i may have an issue.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
393 Posts
here's my tranny crossmember, radius arm rear mounts are welded to the front side...
[/IMG]

View from driver's side:
[/IMG]

View looking back at the crossmember from just above the axle...
[/IMG]

Closeup of crossmember mount...
[/IMG]

It works... only the very best in urban forklift wheelin'...:cry

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, it looks like i can trim the mounts a bit to fit:toothless

·
Bitchin.
1,872 Posts
you buzzing on that stuff now? i think i have a pic for ya..

if yours were set up the same, then yes. you must trim. gotta love that body lift :thumbup

they should mount up about 1/2" behind that body mount mine were right up against the body mount, and the axle is slightly too far forward. just a suggestion.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
hey you built those mounts :goodfinge

make sure you can cut them off easy cause they will bend the frame sooner or later.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
84x4bronco said:
screw that. just box it inside later! dur.:toothless

where are the pics of this wonderful fabrication?
on our trucks with efi? have fun relocating everything on the inside of the frame

·
Registered
393 Posts
I know your issue is fixed taco, but just out of curiosity, am I the only one whose radius arms REALLY did not want to be pulled out to the frame rails? When I lined up my SAS, the radius arms wanted to mount about 4" inside the frame rails (i.e. towards the tranny) that's why I had to mount them to the crossmember. When I tried to mount them to the frame rails, it seemed like I was binding the axle bushing bigtime. And I pushed the axle bushings as far out towards the knuckle as I could....

just wondering...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts