Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

This is the Husband. After talking things over and reading the thread that it may just be the TC out of alignment, I would like to try and get this thing fixed. What I would like to know is if there are any reputable shops in the area to take her to, and if anybody would be willing to come {back} down and help. I am fully committed to bankrolling this, so if anybody needs gas of food for their efforts consider it done. From what I understand, she leaves for NY on the 14th, if this is to rushed, would anybody be willing to store it for me or know of a cheap plkace to park it until I can come recover it myself.

thanks in advance,

Pherox

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
i thought yall were selling it? i cant get down there anytime soon but tell her to call around for a tranny shop. just stay away from mr transmission and aamco places

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,716 Posts
Pherox, First off let me tell you, Thanx for letting us sleep safe at night.....

As for the Bronco, I believe its the TC that came out when they were installing the Tranny. If that is the fact, then the tranny is gonna need a complete flush and a new front pump.

I did notice in the pictures that were posted that the old tranny had a new or rebuilt front pump.....Most likely done by the previous owner....Thats probably why the housing cracked.....{They must of overtightened the bolts or misaligned it}...But thats in the past....

What the Bronco needs is for the tranny to come back down in the following order:

1- Driveshaft OFF
2- Transfer case OFF
3- Transmission OFF

Then repeat the opposite going back in......Everything should fall into place, not HAMMERED in......My .02

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Registered
687 Posts
I can't help again, because I too am moving, but let me talk to my roommates and see if we can store it on our property(a little under an acre).

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts
pherox, the TC is fine. if the motor turns over and runs, its in fine alignment. my take on it is that the fellow that your woman bought the unit from dropped it from the bottom of the truck, seeing as he managed to crack a 1356 transfer case ( aluminum case with extensive webbing= damn hard to even dent) and the fact that the pan is dented to hell and back. more the likely, the front pump in the trans is screwed. not a hard fix, just time consuming to drop the trans and install a new or donor pump. i still maintain that the best plan of action is to completely forgo the AOD all together and put a C6 in its place. but thats my opinion

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
thank you all. i will look into everything. i do want to keep her. worst comes to worde i can find a place to house her. :)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
ok so im DEF. keeping her. after seeing the motor swap this past weekend i see alot of good things to do to my BKO. and the desire to do all of these things hit the sky. granted she will be down here in FL for a while but during that period of time a few dif people might do some work to her...a clean slate i guess you could say. and yes imma put a C6 in her.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
no but you can work on her and play in her until i come back to Florida...thats my baby....and i remember last night you were picking on my bronco. im more likely to sign it over to one of the other men than you...you hurt her feelings. haha kidding...that bronco is staying in MY name.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,716 Posts
Genetrix said:
ok so im DEF. keeping her. after seeing the motor swap this past weekend i see alot of good things to do to my BKO. and the desire to do all of these things hit the sky. granted she will be down here in FL for a while but during that period of time a few dif people might do some work to her...a clean slate i guess you could say. and yes imma put a C6 in her.
I am glad to hear that you are keeeeeepin her....Like I said, when you were trying to sell her, That Bronco is worth it! :thumbup :thumbup

Are they Gonna "Pimp Your Bronco?" hahahahahaha :histerica :histerica :histerica

Cant wait to see her and you on the trails....It sounds like she would be in good hands. Especially after Ragged wants to use her as an RTI ramp :twak :histerica :histerica He would nt do that...{I HOPE} :toothless

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
allcruisen said:
.....Especially after Ragged wants to use her as an RTI ramp :twak :histerica :histerica He would nt do that...{I HOPE} :toothless

Dont be so sure Felix......:thumbup :beer :beer :histerica :histerica

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
you just wait.....the husband just said i could add height to her! this really is a clean slate for you men! ENJOY HER! i told him when all was said and done this could cost him a really pretty penny and he said he already knew that! HAHA im excited!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts