Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am installing my lift and all i can say is i hate rivits! i took off the stock i beam brackets but now the rivets are sticking out so i took a grinder so there now flush but still wont punch should i jus keep musclin them or is there a trick. thx -16 yr old kash

·
Crusher Mike
6,115 Posts
I drilled a small hole with a 1/8 bit through the rivitt then take a 4lb sledge and a punch and whack away! or get a air chisel or hammer

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
:stupid

That's what I had to do with a few of mine. Drill as close to center as possible. Once the rivets start to turn (if you drill that large) it's time to grab the hammer and punch. Heat may help some also.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Get yourself an air chisel. I bought a cheap one for walmart and it worked great.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I was just puttin on my 6 inch Rough Country today, I grindin them, then hit them with a hammer and they popped right out, it was easier then wat i thought it would be. But this was on my 88 F150 2wd and i am puttin the TTB D44 under there tomorrow....its all the same tho

·
Registered
109 Posts
My rivets were a complete b*tch and a half. I had to grind those bad boys down, then tried the air chisel and the big hammer, but to no avail. Ultimately, drilling them out worked the best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts