Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can some one explain how this works. I've read that there is a 3% tax on the value of the car, but were do they get the value from? Is this a one time tax when you register the car or is it due every time you re-new your registration? I'm looking at registration for a 03 mach and a 96 bronco bolth out of state. Any info would be great.

·
Registered
94 Posts
They charge an ad volorem tax every year. My 96 bronco is about 150.00 per year I believe. Who knows where the F#CKING CROOKS get their BS numbers from!

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
the yearly property tax on your car varies by location in NC.
The percentage of the value of the property is contingent on which county you live in. So, depends on where in NC you are as to what the tax is. Larger metropolitan areas are more expensive such as Mecklenburg and Wake county.

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the year tax is one thing, but the 3% to regie an out of state is another, i've been told on another forum that they use the "nada" books to get the value. gonna cost me a nice chunk oh change for both my vic's

·
Registered
3 Posts
that hut isn't just for out of state stuff. i just registered my truck that i just got in nc. and a bike that i just got from va... they both had pretty high hut charges. i'm almost positive its a one time charge though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts