Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got a good working variable ventury 2 barrel with Ca emissions feed back? It is a 82 with a 5.0 and a C6. I need it smogged before I do the engine swap and the rebuilt carb is over 500 bucks! More than a new Holley 4 barrel! Not to mention it is the worst carb Ford ever put out and half the time it never did work right even new.
It seems like there should be an exception for things like this that allows for a different carb to be used
End rant LOL :p.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, Ca is a bitch when it comes to smog. I just got to get past smog once then I am good. We olny have to smog when transfering title here in Humboldt county.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats the problem... No one around here has one and it will cost 500.00 to get a rebuilt one. It is all the electronic controls in the cargb that are screwed up. It just runs rich no matter what. The O2 sensor is reading a rich condition but the carb just won't lean out at all.
As for a later 5.0 FI swap...
I have a 400+hp 390FE waiting to go in as soon as the smog certafication is taken care of.
I was hoping someone here would have a working carb they would lend me. I would pay all shipping and give a deposit or something.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,819 Posts
That fricken carb was the sole reason we sold our last Bronk years ago. If I recall my decision to get rid of it came at the exact same moment the Pacific Ocean was filling up the cargo area with sand and seaweed on a remote beach in Central Baja. Never mind our fishing boat and trailer....which we had to unhitch from the truck as a package. Thankfully they were recovered the next day still attached to each other down the lagoon. But it took the entire next day to get that POS truck to run well enough to get back to L.A.

Gawd, is it too late to file a lawsuit against Ford for creating that monstrosity?...........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.