Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a a 10 disk changer in my console and now when i try to play somthing burned or bought it just says error then goes threw the whole mag and then says no disk... WHAT DO I DO i called a few places and to get a 6 disk is like 300 bucks... any ideas

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sammy said:
i got a a 10 disk changer in my console and now when i try to play somthing burned or bought it just says error then goes threw the whole mag and then says no disk... WHAT DO I DO i called a few places and to get a 6 disk is like 300 bucks... any ideas
My old 12 disc changer used to do that. It did it a couple of times. I had to get my lens cleaned inside. No matter what CD I used to put inside the changer still would'nt read it. So I had it cleaned at a electronics store cost me $40.00. I also tried to unplug the power to the changer itself and it reset on its own automatically, lucky I quess. If you want to try that first hopes this helps.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Some cd players will not play burned cds

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
:stupid Alot of older players won't. Burning CD's is a fairly new concept especialy to the auto audio scene. You may just have to upgrade to a newer system. :shrug

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea ive been playing cds for the last month and it worked fine it started screwing up about a week ago... ill try the cleanning idea thanks

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
Sammy said:
yea ive been playing cds for the last month and it worked fine it started screwing up about a week ago... ill try the cleanning idea thanks
Good suggestion about the professional cleaning. While you're there ask them if you can use your own CD lens cleaning disc. After a summer of all windows down I stuff the CD cleaning disc into the JVC CD player, though it's just a single head unit, not a changer like yours, so ask him.

Come to think of it, get a second opinion from a stereo store, who doesn't stand to gain, by you coming back again and again for professional cleaning.

Sixlitre

1 - 6 of 6 Posts