Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to joining this site, but I have been reading on here for a while now. I am about to purchase a 1987 Ford F150 Camper special, with a 302 and 4 speed, manual hubs. I am not sure what type of transmission or transfer case, but I will figure it out once I have it.

My question is (I have read for hours looking for an answer already), this truck has 135,000 miles and 31's on it that are dry rotted. I am going to use it mostly for hauling my dirtbikes and going to the dump and stuff since I have a 2005 f150 work truck I drive everyday. I need to buy new tires and am looking for advice on whether to just get 31's again or to get 32's or 33's. I would like to do a 4" lift later maybe, but I have to buy tires ASAP. Good advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Matt

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
If you plan in doing a 4" lift go with 33s so that you dont have to buy them when the lift goes on. It will rub on the radius arms and bumper a little bit. Just space out the bumper or trim it a little.

·
Registered
77 Posts
vive le bronco! screw a 4'', get a 12'' and 40's!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
13,656 Posts
:stupid

im kidding. it is things like that that make this site interesting.

as previously stated if you plan on jumping up 4 inches, id go with the 33's so you dont have these brand new itty bitty tires (31's) with your lift.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts