Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I know I have an oil pan gasket leak,But today when I went out all the spots under the truck are yellow.I am praying it isnt a head gasket,I have no oil in antifreeze and vice versa.I am hoping since it warmed up to 60 today that al the old oil drips changed colors?Im no chemist but I hope that this is all it is.I looked under it while it was running and all I can see is clean oil.From my history with these 5.0's they usuallu never blow the gasket externally.The truck runs perfect and runs real cool.Anyone else see yellow under there truck?Second question I diagnosed the oil leak as the pan gasket.Do I have to pull the engine up to do it?

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
no worries man- when the oil gets cold and rained on- itll change colors. same thing happens to me.
you WILL have to pull the engine up a bit so you can slide the pan out without scraping the crank or getting stuck on the protective stuff.
ace

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes,I just found this out now,It was the weather.Thanks for the advice.The oil pan gasket is pinched out in the rear by the starter.Im going to go under and see if I can push it back in gently.Then she is going up for sale..Buying a house and I have 2 many toys

·
Call Me Ace
1,951 Posts
id sell another one of the toys and keep the bronc!
ace

1 - 4 of 4 Posts