Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wa sjust doing a burnout right....well ....it was wet so the tires ere spinning awly fast and i was hitting about 3 or 4000 rpm. and smoke started to come out of my dash up by the defrost vents. there was no smoke in the engine bay or anything. ti still runs fine. what could it have been

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it must have been something in the dash burning...because it didnt smoke in the engine or around the body just a little bit through the dash

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Roman? Is it a 302 with 251000 miles?

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
i wa sjust doing a burnout right....well ....it was wet so the tires ere spinning awly fast and i was hitting about 3 or 4000 rpm. and smoke started to come out of my dash up by the defrost vents. there was no smoke in the engine bay or anything. ti still runs fine. what could it have been
stupidity.

·
Registered
313 Posts

sorry i couldn't help it. It's prolly just tire smoke sucked into the HVAC.

Tony

·
Registered
237 Posts
roman we told you before... what you did wrong was that you didn't start in nuetral. Start in nuetral and get the RPM's REALLY high.. like redlining and THEN DROP INTO GEAR.

This will get the tires spinning much faster.. so fast in fact that they wont smoke. Then it wont light the dash on fire --> no smoke in cab!

·
Practicing Infidel
15,297 Posts
You just blowed up yer heater core boy !:twak

Did it blow up "REAL GEWD" ?

One of the true achillies heals on the 5.0 litres is the [email protected]#&ing heater cores. Mine will upshift as high as 5000 rpms if you keep her to the rug and when that happens invariably I'll split the heater core.

Ford issued TSBs on them years ago and recommended a restrictor to stop the water pump sending that 4500 rpms worth of water pressure to the core.

The good news is it's only $50.00 new and a half an hour to change. If you don't want to do it every time you're doing burn outs I'd find out more about that restrictor IIWY

Sixlitre

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts

Your stupid...

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts