Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 88 bronco II xlt yesterday with 36,000 original miles. It is in mint condition with all documentation of service dating back to 1989. All service was done at a local ford dealership so I know that the mileage is correct. I got it for just a little over $6,000. There is not one scratch on it and there is no evidence of wear on the interior. It was owned by a college professor and he kept it in his garage. I tell you this vehicle is beautiful. Anyway, it has the push button 4x4. I need help on how to engage it. I have had toyota 4x4's before and locked the hubs manually, so this is new to me. The 4x4 panel lights up and the 4x4 indicator lights stay dimly lit. However when I push the 4h button nothing happens. the same with the 4L. I am sure the original owner didn't use it off road and the second owner(whom I bought it from) told me he never put it in 4x4. What should I try. Sorry, but I get long winded sometimes. Thanks!

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
:histerica

I was like... whoa holy crap, an 88 bronco in mint condition with only 36k on it for 6 grand!? PICS NOW!

Then you posted Red and I was like... wtf, bronco 2?! Went back, reread it, and was like "Oh, laaaaaaaame, nevermind".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts