Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I'm having a problem here. i have a 96 bronco with a 302. when i go to start it 1st thing in the morning it starts perfectly fine. if i shut it off and start it back up within 10min it starts perfectly fine. but if i start it after it sits for at least 1hr it will either crank for about 5sec before starting or it will spit and sputter around 300 rpm for about a 2sec then it idles perfectly fine. But if you stand by the exhaust you can hear a very slight miss and you can barely feel it during light acceleration like it has a low RPM miss. Other than this it runs perfectly i have already replaced plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil, IAC, TPS, MAF, egr valve and sensor, new OEM injectors, cleaned intake and throttle body the fuel pressure is right where its suppose to be and there aren't any vacuum leaks and compression is good. I'm sure I'm forgetting some things but i have replaced so much that i don't know what else it could be Maybe some bad plugs? any help would be appreciated

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
Wrong section. But welcome to the site. Pull codes pull codes pull codes. Start there and let us know

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
What code? 96 should be obd2 right? If you have a friend have him run self test on it.

Stet by going in and looking to see if your egr valve is stuck open and even on startup your getting exhaust into your intake instead of plain air.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes it is obd2 but i can't remember the exact code it was a little while ago when i replaced the valve but it was a code saying it was stuck open so i replaced it and it made my CEL go away but didn't solve my current problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts