Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i need some help. i am a total engine noob, and i have a problem. i am burning oil up somewhere, i know this because the level drops daily. my engine is a 351 windsor, its a balanced reman from ford, it was put in about 2 years ago. the heads are top of the line, it has a carburator. if you need any more info, let me know. ok, i dont have any leaks AT ALL!!! i check every day. i dont have a blown head gasket, i did a compression test? (where you blow air into the cylinders), and they were good. my sparkplugs dont have any oil on them, and i have never seen any signs of burning oil in my exhaust. please help me, i just bought it and cant afford a new engine, so any info will help. thank you.

·
Registered
566 Posts
burning up oil huh, the only thing thatcomes to mind is bad vavle guides on your cylinder heards. My old Camaro had that, once I the valve guides got replaced the oil stayed in the engine, instead of disapearing.

Have someone start your truck up, sit inside it and rev it up, while you stand behind the exhaust, look for smoke out the pipes. If you see smoke that thats your problem is the valve guides. If you see no smoke then I don't know where else it would be if thier are no leaks! Hope ya find it man.

·
Registered
273 Posts
savagechris said:
my engine is a 351 windsor, its a balanced reman from ford, it was put in about 2 years ago.
Mine came with a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty. If it still under warranty, take it back to a dealership that you "trust" and let them diagnose the problem. Mine kept collapsing the lifters so Ford installed another Reman'd unit at no cost to me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
you said you just bought the truck? and if so you get reciepts for the motor they could have been b.s.in you. its gotta be goin somewhere if its goin down everyday i agree with fire it up and beat on it and have someone follow/watch to see if smokes out the exhaust if there are no visible leaks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts