Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 92 bronco 5.0 with e4od... truck wasstored for 9 months. recently getting it out...i found the ecm needed to be replaced... fuel pump would not prime and shut off...just kept running... anyway... i have new ecm installed and im have ing a very rich condition....along withthat..i had codes pulled and they are as follows....173,327,332,334,634. and i have a very rough idle at times. other times seems beter....gas milage is horid... i dont wanna start throwing parts at it... but im thinking that the o2 sensor needs to be replaced
im at a mental block...this truck has sapped me of all my patience...and would love to have some help figuring this mess out....im at the end of my rope.....i dont wanna shoot her...lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have both and mitchell cd roms......for everyvehicle from 86 to 02... still not much help...just looking for a direction to start.... i know where everything is and how to test it....am looking for somewhere to start..... what is the most common cause for what I am experiencing....of all the ppl in here and the combined decades of practical knowlede....and i get a response like that...lmao

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
find out what the meaning to all them codes are and start testing stuff. too me it sounds like a really bad vaccuum leak. check your vaccum lines and coffee can for holes. you may have to remove it to see.

good luck and keep us posted

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
Have you actually looked up the codes you pulled?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Check what the codes mean in your Haynes manual and start looking for common faults among the faults.

·
Registered
92 Posts
good luck man. i'm having the same problem. codes will only point you in a general direction. you're gonna have to start testing all your sensors. i've been fighting with my P.O.S. for a week now. still havent figured it out yet. i'm leaning toward ignition and timing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well here goes....took it in...couldnt take it anymore...lol.... any ways....vibration is form a bad flexplate cracked at mounting holes... and as far as rich....egr valve bad....egr sensor bad......fpr bad......o2 going....... that about sums it up...thanks for all the help guys... hope this helps others.... thanks again...Jimmi

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
Pulling codes and matching them up to the haynes could have told you all of that, except for the flexplate.

The O2 is going because it's running rich, not the other way around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts