Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another thread, we've been talking 'bout 2" leveling coils. I put a pair of Skyjacker Coils on my '88 this past weekend. I took it to get aligned and they tell me I need drop brackets for the axle pivot. It was my understanding that drop brackets were not required for such a small lift. Please give me some advice before I have to spend $180 for the brackets.

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,033 Posts
From what I have read and heard........YOU DON'T need the drop brackets. I am going by hear say so don't take me 100% for word. I am sure someone that knows first hadn will chim in and tell you for sure.

Or better yet call SKYJACKER and ask them.

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Call Skyjacker and order a pair of 2 3/4 degree caster/camber bushings for the upper ball joints. (stock is 2 degree)

BTW--Don't try to buy these at your local alignment shop, they won't sell them.

B

·
0 Posts
You can get adjustable caster/camber bushings that will get you correctly aligned without drop down brackets if you went 2" or less. I suggest the adjustable ones since they can be readjusted when the springs settle or if you decide to go higher down the road. I got mine at napa for maybe about $40 each if memory serves me right. Should be more details if you search for adjustable caster/camber bushings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts