Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im starting to look for new tires for my bronco and read alot on here. the MTR's are high on my list but has anyone run the Hercules trail diggers? i need more of a jack of all trades master of none tire. i thought i would look int them. snow mud rocks street. Any opinions?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i appreciate it stang. i have a buddy who has a set on a dodge 2500 but he doesn't 4 wheel much. havn't had a chance to ask him how they are holding up. if he gets 12k he is doing good his front end is a mess.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update: been looking and you cant get a 35 with a 15 or 16 inch rim so scratch the hercules. i dont like big rims and 16 is my max. love my 15's.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I run them on my bronco. Bought them new about 7 months ago. When these wear out i am gonna get them in a 35" tall tire. So far no complaints.

·
Registered
63 Posts
do you have any pics of them on your bronco? i saw them on a jeep and read a lil bit about them in a mag. but i havent had time to go price them out and look at sizes

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm very interested in these tires too. I can get the 33x12.50-15s for $160 each. I have seen quite a few good reviews on this tire,but it is only a 6 ply "C" load rated tire.

·
Registered
313 Posts
i've heard many mixed reviews on the hercs, mostly about very fast tread wear. I loooooove my MTR's, would never go back, and after also owning the duratracs (amazing tires as well), I will NEVER buy anything else but Goodyear offroad tires. just stay away from BFG, way too expensive and they aren't that great. the KM2's are ok but loud as hell going down the road, they sound like a baja claw.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i had a set that came with a f150 i bought, they were ok at best, fairly decnet offroad in most conditions but really didnt like there road manners.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have a set of 33x12.50's on my bronco. This will be the 3rd winter I've had them. In deep snow and mud they are very impressive for the money. I've had swamper ssr's before and they are good but expensive and have a short life. I mainly use it for hunting, in bad weather during the winter, camping, and goofing around. I probably only have 10,000 miles on them in the 3 years. I rotate tires every oil change. they are starting to show some wear but its an agressive tire and I've never seen one last real long anyway. They are nothing special on ice, ok in the rain, and fine for normal driving. They seem to wonder more than other tires I have had. All told I'd buy them again unless I found a deal on some higher end tires.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I realize the thread is a month old now, but thought i'd throw my .02 on it.

I ran the 33x12.5 on my 79 pickup for one winter and they were AMAZING, i then parked the truck for over a year and they are now being ran on my sisters dodge 1500 and are GREAT tires. They mostly run them on the high way, and they are loud, but they are aggressive tires so of course they're a little noisy.

Im really hoping i can con her out of them so i can put them back onto my bronco for the winter. We'll see how that goes though! haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts