Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
green ones make me horny
11,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well felt like doing a tech write up and product review. here is my herculiner install i did this around 8 months ago and it is holding up well. here goes.

this is a pic of the truck when i got it

step 1-go to the zone or wherever and buy the kit, about 90 bucks. i got mine for free dollars from the manager there cuase i fixed his battery testing machine.

step 2 remove everything from the truck

after the sides and wheel hump rubber was removed

after that i started prepping the floor. fixing holes and what not. the longest part of this was the sound deadning stuff in the front. messy but it was just time consuming

after all that stuff was up, and all the holes were fixed/repaired i saw alot of bare metal and surface rust. so i took a snader to it and then primed it up. the orange primer has a rust preventative in it and the gray is just what i had in the house

after that i took a paint brush and brushed on liner to all the places that i didnt think the roller would hit. remember these cause you have to do everything twice.

then me and Jon started rolling it all on.

this was the second coat

here is the finsihed product and overall i am happy with it. there are a few places that i need to touch up and i will do that when i do my tailgate. here is the ending product

·
green ones make me horny
11,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
redwagon said:
:rockon :rockon very nice...one question...did you have to lower the seat so you fit in the bko????:histerica

nope i fit in quite well i got lots of room.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
now that youve done it, would you say it was easier to brush then roll? or would it have been better to roll it
first then hit what you missed with the brush?

when we did my bro-in-law's cab of his drag race truck we pretty much ended up using the brush a lot. Rear
of the cab and just under the seats were the only flat spots.

All said and done i think it would have been just easier to buy an undercoating sprayer and spray the damn
thing.

bronco however has lots of flat rollable area. i've already started preppin mine and wondered which way you
thought might be easier.

thanx

Joe

p.s. great pics :thumbup

·
green ones make me horny
11,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it was easier the way we did it. if i did it again i would have done it the same way. the actual install of the stuff was only like 3 hours tops. that includes dry time between coats

·
green ones make me horny
11,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it feels like hardened rubber. no other way to explain it

·
green ones make me horny
11,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bearfoot_25 said:
I have had mine for about a year and a half now. I am happy with it. I will probably hit it up with another 2 coats sometime this year.

thats what i was going to do as well. how are you going to clean yours up to do it?

·
Registered
1994 Bronco 351W, E4OD 6" Superlift, 35 BFG KM3 4.56 gears Detroit
3,107 Posts
imlikeojnow said:
thats what i was going to do as well. how are you going to clean yours up to do it?

Not sure yet but i remember reading somthing on the can saying what to clean it with when you repaint it. I will have to check on that.

Shiat was a pain to get off of your skin wasnt it??

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
very sweet! Looks great . . .
the Kragen stores in my area (los angeles) have their cans always on sale for 30% off . . . I guess cause nobody gets them!
But great job . . .

oh and niiiiiice legs! whistle, whistle!

·
green ones make me horny
11,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shiat was a pain to get off of your skin wasnt it??
gasoline and a brillo pad took enough layers of skin off to get rid of it.

·
green ones make me horny
11,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bearfoot_25 said:
just looked at the website it says to use xylene, acetone or MEK to clean the area

i think that was for gouged parts. i wonder about over the stuff that is in there. i am thinking clean it real good and it should be okay

·
Premium Member
8,682 Posts
Doing the back of the bronco in the morning, have it all ready. Any problems with the roller on the floor ribs? Any other pointers when doing that back? Do the sides first I assume.

·
green ones make me horny
11,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i think you can just clean it with a spray bottle of xylene and a clean brush, let it air dry and blow it out. then just roll some more on there.

·
green ones make me horny
11,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No it increased the noise actually, cause i scraped up all the ford stock sound deadning shit

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.