Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Looks good, I know this may be a stupid question, but did you put all your panels back on....and a lot of you probably wouldnt do this. But do could you put the carpet back over it?

· Registered
290 Posts
I did the back half of mine a while ago and left the carpet out. I just did the front today and I plan on putting the carpet back in up there. I don't see what it would hurt.

· green ones make me horny
11,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
im going to put carpet and sound deadner down over it when i get to doing my interior

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Cool thanks, I am really looking into doing it for my truck in a couple of weeks, and I want to use it to keep it from rusting, and I was planning on putting my carpet back over it to hopefully quite it down just a little. Did you have any troubles getting your panels back on?

· Registered
979 Posts
if you are just going to cover it back up, then i would suggest putting something that is designed to protect from rust on there. Rust bullet for example. It will go on easier, and it will prevent rust a lot more effectively.

· Registered
307 Posts
I did mine right at two years ago now. I used about a gallon and half maybe a wee bit more. Did you just use one gallon? It looks good by the way.

One thing I would mention to others that haven't done it yet- Keep it stirred. There are chunks of rubber in the mix that tend to sink to the bottom.

I didn't weigh the wet carpet I pulled from my Bronco but I know that I shed some weight and made the interior easier to keep clean. I would certainly do this again. The stuff rolled on fine with just a little brushing here and there.

Get her muddy and you can just open the doors and hose it all out.

11,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I have carpet and sound deadner on it now. herculiner is still there and holding well. im going to put another layer of sound deadner in this spring and put some carpet padding under the carpet.

· Registered
963 Posts
Nice job on the install.:thumbup

But I agree with SMurray on this. If someone is considering this for rust prevention and is going to reinstall the sound deadner and carpet. Then something like Rustbullet would be a much better choice. And it's actually designed to prevent rust.:toothless

472 Posts
Nice job on the install.:thumbup

But I agree with SMurray on this. If someone is considering this for rust prevention and is going to reinstall the sound deadner and carpet. Then something like Rustbullet would be a much better choice. And it's actually designed to prevent rust.:toothless
Or you could go with Rustoleum. When I've herculined, I've painted over all my work with that stuff and I've never seen rust and it looks for uniform. I guess go with whichever one's cheaper &/or easier to get, since they both work great.

· Registered
46 Posts
i want to do the same thing but i was intersted in just the aersol cans. i dont like brush, roller marks. can you see roller marks? i sprayed my radiator support with less than half a can on both sides and 2 coats. i think a few cans will do the hole inside. any thought?

· Registered
303 Posts
anyone got pics with the hercluiner installed but with the seats and consoles back in place?

11,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
i want to do the same thing but i was intersted in just the aersol cans. i dont like brush, roller marks. can you see roller marks? i sprayed my radiator support with less than half a can on both sides and 2 coats. i think a few cans will do the hole inside. any thought?
No you cant see roller marks. the spray on shit in cans doesnt hold up well either

· Registered
90 Posts
I used the spray on stuff on my single cab gmc. The floor was all rusted out so it wasn't gonna be great but it stayed on all the places that werent rusted. I used 4 or 5 cans for 2 thick coats so you will probably end up using quite a few cans for your bronco so its worth it to just buy the herculiner. I helped my friend put that in the bed of his toyota and it holds up better and looks better.

· Registered
75 Posts
if you have light rust, and you want to put down herculiner or whatever. Neutralize the rust first.

Clean and prep the truck, Then get a bottle of OSPHO and spray down everything. All the rust will turn black. Wipe up the excess ospho and your done. All the rust is now chemically inert and will no longer spread...well for a while ;) Rust will always come back..just give it another 30 years.

Feel free to install your bed liner and not worry about rust bubbling up from underneath. Laying a coating of anything on top of metal does not seal it. You need something to get into the pores of the steel to prevent rust.

Ospho is also used as a bare metal treatment BEFORE priming. When i say spray on, i mean with a water bottle. not a paint gun. You can spray, paint or poor it.

11,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
how many cans did you have to buy? just one kits worth?
one kit will be fine. that is all I used and i went all the way up the sides with it.

· Registered
25 Posts
Wanted to add that if you don't want the rubberized feel you can go with DupliColors Bed Armor. I used this on the whole outside of my truck and its indestructible and it doesn't fade unlike the other bed liners. The big difference is that this stuff doesn't use sand granulates. Instead they use kevlar which dries harder then hell and makes the truck damn near dent resistant. Anyway just my two cents.

· Registered
860 Posts
I use bedliner for just about anything...

I paint all my new hardware/ shock mounts, lift kit parts, brackets... etc everything in bedliner, especially if it goes underneath the truck.

The bottom part of my truck is bedlined. Although I DID NOT stir at all, I wanted a smoother texture. The entire rear of my truck, from the bench back is lined, I used a roller for almost everything, and a brush in the corners for the bed. I used a brush for the body as well.

As we speak, I am letting the Hurculiner dry on my future roof rack pieces. I brushed it on. It goes on very easy, and self levels for the most part. The best way to get good coverage is to get the brush globbed up, and start dabbing at the surface. Takes a while, but it gets a good cover. What I do to save time is I brush it on quickly like a crappy paint job, then go back and dab quickly. I then run the brush over it quickly again to level/smoothen out the coat. the bedliner does the rest. It'll fill in small nicks and scrapes. You cant even see where we welded patches in my bedcorners. the bedliner blends everything. I was desperate/lazy one day, and used ripped up paper and Hurculiner mix, to fill in a 1.5 inch hole in my inner wheel wells that water was coming in through. Sealed it shut, and been good for 10 months.

I am a fan of this stuff lol.

Right now the can I have is super thick, almost light asphalt because I didn't stir while I did the body, I plan on using this as my third coat on my trucks door jambs and areas my boots will make contact with. Extra rubber = grip and protection.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.