Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone Herculined the exterior of their Bronco? Searches revealed many interior write ups but none on the ext. I have some paint issues and was thinking about using white Herc on the Bottom 2/3 of the trucks ext.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
people have done it here

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I heard it was hard to clean. :shrug

·
Explorer driving
4,192 Posts
From the link posted above...about getting Herculiner off of...well...

Shave one side, light the other other side on fire and stab them with an ice pick as they run out. Oh! Sorry, that was my old man's theory for getting rid of the hootus critters. Got a little bit sidetracked. Intense and uncontrollable laughter will do that you know.

(Sorry, couldn't help myself, hope it wasn't to lewd??? Ha! Ha!
:histerica:histerica:histerica:histerica:histerica

Thanks 94, I'm now crying from laughing so hard at the thread you posted. Funny as hell.

·
Registered
983 Posts
i don't have any pics of mine after the herculiner, nor any of my hootus with or without herculiner.

the shit is pretty indestructable onces its on there though, i've been bouncing couple hundred pound logs all over it all the summer and none of it has given me any problems, no flakes dents dings anything

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
Once dirt gets into the textured liner, it's in there forever. Here's a few pics of someone who just did the bottom part of their rig. I've had these for years and can't remember where they're from...

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Once dirt gets into the textured liner, it's in there forever. Here's a few pics of someone who just did the bottom part of their rig. I've had these for years and can't remember where they're from...
Yeah, it's a pain in the ass to clean. If you do it with black, it looks like ass after you get mud on it.

The only way I've seen to actually get it clean, involves a heated powerwasher with a high pressure chem-feed, and a good hard bristled brush... and you just scrub that sumbitch until it basically smooths out the texture some, and the dirt becomes less apparent.

If you do your whole truck in the heavy textured stuff like DJDan did... heh... just never take it offroad. :rofl:

Because after that first time, it'll never look the same again.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I like rhinolined trucks, but the herculiner tends to start looking like crap after a little while. I knew a guy with a yota that was herculined, i didnt like it.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
if your rhino lining your exterior, there is no reason you should be trying to clean it up any more

i could see geting chunks of mud or grime off

but clean?

thats just defeats the purpose
Yeah, it's a pain in the ass to clean. If you do it with black, it looks like ass after you get mud on it.

The only way I've seen to actually get it clean, involves a heated powerwasher with a high pressure chem-feed, and a good hard bristled brush... and you just scrub that sumbitch until it basically smooths out the texture some, and the dirt becomes less apparent.

If you do your whole truck in the heavy textured stuff like DJDan did... heh... just never take it offroad. :rofl:

Because after that first time, it'll never look the same again.
That's exactly what I am talking about and have heard. It's hard to get clean again. In my opinion it's just not for me. I dont want to deal with the mud stained textured body panels. Ofcourse we dont have to deal with road salt either to rot my panels out either. That why I would do it. (prevent rust) :toothless

·
Registered
206 Posts
Wait....you guys wash your trucks?

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts