Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im getting ready to herculine my 86 and need to know how much is enough to cover the pan of the truck, im currently in the process of cleaning and repairing the pan, not as much rust as i thought

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
i gallon will do two coats on the floor not including the tailgate. i would get two gallons and do that route if i were to do it all over again. one day i am going to put some more on ym floorpan since it adheres to itself.

·
Registered
319 Posts
how much is that stuff and where do you plan on getting it?

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
quiefinator said:
how much is that stuff and where do you plan on getting it?

it is about 90 for the kit and you can get it at the zone

·
Registered
745 Posts
just get a gallon and your set, just get a paint brush and slosh it around there, worked great for me!
it basically settles itself, so dont waste the extra money on the kit....
but mines already peeling btw after 6 months of BARELY any hardcore use
I used durabrak on my tailgate and it seems to me holding up a TON better than the herculiner brand name

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
durabark??? never heard of it, i have a guy here locally that has a 2 gallon kit for about 90 bux and i just wanted to see what the optimal amout was thanx guys

·
Registered
854 Posts
Hurculiner works pretty decent, if you properly prep everything. I've had Hurc. on the '78 since July and drug stuff all about the vehicle. The only spot that peeled was an unsanded spot the size of a quater and only came up because of bare metal slider digging into the bed.

I also plan on using this stuff for my F150's bed once I get bored enough to do so.

Durabak, however is rumored to be stronger and has pretty colors, so it's another option I may use.

·
Registered
319 Posts
would any of that stuff stick to plastic, i wanna use it on my rangers step bars and they have plastic inserts that i would rather not paint around, but could if i had too

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think it does. But I'm not a esspert in these areas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts