Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
;) I know I will catch some flak for this but I figured I would post updates of project even though nobody else here cares to lower a bronco..:doh0715: heh heh.. I got so attached to the 94 lightning but needed more space so heres what I ended up with so far. Bought my buddies wrecked 95 lighting with 88K miles and swapped the entire drivetrain and suspension, and the seats and steering wheel and sold of the rest of the truck for what I paid for it..:thumbup ..Now I just have to figure out why the truck studders at idle and when i first get into the gas??has the lighting 351 with tfs heads, 5.0 cam advanced 4 degrees, with roller cam setup, long tubes, gt-40 intake, 19lb injectors, with factory mass air..THis thing runs strong but that studder is driving me nuts..Now I just need to find a smooth tailgate with no beauty panel or holes from spare tire carrier..Anybody wanna trade straight across and get a free spare tire carrier?:toothless

still needs paint mind you but everything else is done mechanically wise

·
Registered
867 Posts
Man that thing looks bad a$$ !! :thumbup
The stuttering may be a vacuum leek or something to do with the computer advancement. Did you buddy that you bought the truck from have any problems with it before you bought it?
Also can you get a shot of the front suspension, I take it you stripped out the TTB.

·
Registered
523 Posts
BOING! I want that truck! Seriously....put me first on the list if you decide to sell it. I think this is a GREAT idea and if I ever have any spare time/money would do something VERY similar to it.

MORE PICS MORE PICS MORE PICS!!!!

·
Registered
867 Posts
I haven't seen any clean tailgate skins around. You may have to cut some sheet metal, and weld it in, or fiberglass it.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Look in the junk yard or online for chevy truck tail gate. They have a smooth skin with slight rounding to it. You maybe able to graft it in.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Look in the junk yard or online for chevy truck tail gate. They have a smooth skin with slight rounding to it. You maybe able to graft it in.

·
Geaux Tigers!!
2,295 Posts
I dig it!! But then again, I'm a believer in that 2WD trucks need to be lowered (done that) and 4WD trucks need to be lifted (done that now, too). ;)

Tommy

·
Registered
382 Posts
That's an awesome truck--it's even the right color!!! How did you get the 99 Lightning rims to work on the Bronc? I thought that 97-newer F-series went to a different bolt pattern. I figure that you got axles from a 97 or 98 F-150 before they stopped putting the 8.8 in them, but where did you source the rotors??

I agree an the vacuum thing, I've also seen a bad TPS cause some stumbling.

Now--how about a 4wd Lightning Bronc for the North Country (or stoplight wars with unsuspecting AWD rice :thumbup )???

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
heh

Which hooters are you doing the met and great at? And sorry for the lack of more pics, my buddy shattered his ankle and I have been helping him get around and do stuff he can no longer do so I have been busy, will try to post later..

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks

Thanks for all the positive replies. I am also starting to think it is the advanced cam.. I was planning a do it yourself turbo in the future and set it up for that thinking it would be ok naturally aspirated but now not so sure.. I will bump the timing down to 10 and see what happens. I got two new pics but cant lay on the ground to get under shots of suspension because the ground is 140 degrees right now..:shocked supposed to be 110 today..I also posted in the tech write up section to see if anybody wanted me to post the details of the build..I will get tons more picks when the concrete cools off some..

the donor truck r.i.p. 88K miles 95 lighting

what I thought about doing with my bronco..

Just gotta figure out how to get the adhesive of the sides now..

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cool

Hey whats up man.. Glad to see yours is coming along well too. I still plan on shaving the top so its smooth and painting it glass black to match the rest of the bronco. I have been doing a write up on the conversion in the tech section for everybody with questions check it out.. I will add pictures as I get time and andd more and more to the write up as well.. THis has been a one year project so I forget things over time..

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yea I had that paint the top idea before i thought of lbronco. But its ass pain to do and since i dont paint i gotta find some pro around here to do it. Should get soon cause its the next thing on the list besides ripping those stock tint windows out and tinting some new ones. New carpet is sitting in the box and i gotta install the inside tire mount.
MIKE

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
man that things beautiful i soo wanna o that with a 79 body style too hey if you want since i dont know how to post pics a pic of a slightly lowered ford hit me up i had a 95 short wide with a 6,9 drop on it that sat beautifully without being too low

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Will the 93-95 Lightning seats bolt right into a Bronco? What I guess I am asking is, can you bolt the Bronco seat tracks to the bottom of the 93-95 Lightning seats and mount it in the Bronco with no other mods needed?

I have a lead on a set of Lightning seats for a really good price, I just did not know about compatibility.

Thanks fellas - and BOTH "Brightnings" look awesome! :D

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
bronco boy said:
Saw this one many years ago.....

yea saw that one somewhere too but i think thats too low and dont like the tires tucked that much, but imagine that thing topless with a 73 grill blacked out and skinnier bumpers and painted mettalic green with light oak wood trim and a set of healthy torq thrust rims on it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts