Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 250 Posts

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,264 Posts
Just another bullshit clickbait no-content, speculative and uninformed "article". (theirs, not yours :) )

Suggested new R&T article title "Check out this car cover"

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,536 Posts
I see big round wheel wells. Decent approach/departure angles. Rear-mount spare tire. Its gotta be two-door; if it was 4 door theyd be tiny doors. The placement of the sideview mirror is similar to that of a Wrangler; i wonder if theyre going to make the doors removable??

I agree its a bit of a cheap shot, but at least it shows its not going to be a grocery-getter crossover SUV.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,346 Posts
At least the roof is square! And it's not too long...

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,057 Posts

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,799 Posts
I could see 4 doors but like the FJ and Ext Cab Trucks have. Which I would totally be fine with.

·
imdabes
937 Posts
Yeah I'd be down for a crew style half door. In fact...I'd actually prefer that to just two doors.

Also Pepe, what's with promoting two separate threads eh!

My biggest fear was this was just going to be the Ford Everest, but it's clearly not. Built on the Ranger platform, so I wonder if it's going to have a raptor version as well...I may eat a car payment for it ha.

I just hope they took 0 design cues from that 2005 piece of junk concept.

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,413 Posts
I saw a similar article today. I’m sure my wife’s dad will tell me when he sees a real photo. As a retired VP of marketing at FoMoCo, I’m sure he’ll come with some good info one of these days.

I’m sure we’ll all see one of those paparazzi photos soon with the new bronco in a “zebra” wrap when they drive it around the Ford campus.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,057 Posts
Also Pepe, what's with promoting two separate threads eh!
2 different threads in two different topic areas on the same subject, posted within' minutes of each other. :shrug

To read this:
"Ford helped start the off-road phenomenon and has majored in off-road capability for decades–from the Bronco to the Raptor," Farley said in a press release. "Now, we’re ready to reclaim our rightful place as the off-road vehicle leader"

In other words, Ford is serious about taking the fight to Jeep.
seeing how similar they appear to be... kinda pathetic, imho. looks like a damn Jeep to me. :goodfinge

·
FSM Lifetime
2,214 Posts
Ford president Jim Farley, who oversees the company's global markets, said the Bronco and unnamed ute will be fundamentally different than the Jeep Wrangler, following a strategy of vehicles that are comfortable at high speeds, in the sand and on two-lane trails. As expected, Farley said the Bronco will come in two- and four-door variants when it arrives for 2020. It will also offer a hybrid model as part of Ford's electric push. The image below is our first glimpse at what it might look like.
2-lane trails?? That doesn't sound very hardcore...

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,413 Posts
Doubtful. Seems like a reach to say that they put a Ford Everest body on a Bronco chassis to drive it around. I wonder how many people, and by people I mean media, bloggers, free-lance writers, etc., are camped out in Dearborn with a camera in hand just waiting for a chance to take a picture of something mysterious in hopes that it could be the Bronco. I think all we can say at this point is that a Bronco is coming soon and it MAY look something like that silhouette of that vehicle under the cover from Ford’s FB page. We shall see. My money is still on a SuperBowl ad next year to unveil it.

Edit: OR unveiled at next year’s Detroit Auto Show.

1 - 20 of 250 Posts