Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

201 - 220 of 249 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,712 Posts
I would wait just because then your "stuck" with a raptor for a few years, and who knows, maybe the new Bronco is actually pretty badass! However, even if a Bronco came out in 2020, I likely wouldn't buy the first year.... never buy the first year seems to be a good rule.
After driving a 2017 Raptor for the last 2.5 years I don't think I'd be stuck with a Raptor. The other option would be more like waiting to downgrade to a Bronco.

·
FSM Lifetime
2,117 Posts
After driving a 2017 Raptor for the last 2.5 years I don't think I'd be stuck with a Raptor. The other option would be more like waiting to downgrade to a Bronco.
IDK... Ford sounds serious as **** about making the next Bronco seriously legit... I think yall are sleeping on Ford on this, and they're gonna really surprise some of you guys :ford

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,693 Posts

·
ate lug
8,474 Posts
Thats def a F150 and not a Ranger. Cant be photoshop, theres too many pics at different angles.

I cant say i know why they built this truck, unless theyre actually planning on releasing a 2-door Raptor. I also dont know what this has to do with the new Bronco since its a totally different platform? Seems kind of clickbait-y to me :shrug

·
ate lug
8,474 Posts
Source? I havent seen anything like that.

I do recall reading something implying additional models coming later (half cab possibly), but it sounded like it was still going to be Ranger based. The 2 or 4 door was supposed to come out first, followed by the other the next year. Ill have try and find the article again.

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,187 Posts

·
FSM Lifetime
2,117 Posts
I'd say since the whole article is plastered with conceptual art that we know isn't the Bronco, the content is probably just as authoritative.
This is the correct take.

However, the actual news is legit. Ford wants a Gladiator competitor and noone will pay Gladiator prices for a Ranger. They would for a Bronco T however. According to people in the know it's in pre-planning. Ford could cancel but at least they're considering.

Personally I'd like to see something smaller, a truck based on the baby bronco would make a lot of sense.

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,693 Posts
Looks like an explorer with a modified C pillar
Yeah sort of reminds me of an older explorer with the shape. Remember the 2 door explorer sport models? Like that, but with 4 doors. Supposedly it’s an Escape platform, so it COULD have the same drivetrain - front wheel drive standard with optional AWD.

201 - 220 of 249 Posts